THIS PROJECT IS A RESULT OF COLLECTIVE
EFFORTS PUT IN BY GROUP
• Google is a
widely search engine that uses text matching
techniques to find the web pages that are important and
relevant to user’s search
• The word Google comes from the misspelling of word googol
which refers to 1 followed by 100 zeros.
• The company is running millions of server worldwide.
Co-Founder & President, Products
• Google began in January 1996 as a research project by Larry Page and Sergey Brin
when they were both PhD students at Stanford University in California.
• The Initial public offering took place on August 19, 2004, raising $1.67 billion,
implying a value for the entire corporation of $23 billion.
• The company is listed on Nasdaq and London stock exchange
VISION AND MISSION
To make search engines so powerful they would understand
"everything in the world".
To organize the world's information and make it universally
accessible and useful.
Google continues to focus on innovation and on the user
• Non-traditional cross-sectional structure.
• Employees are mostly accountable to themselves.
• Encourage employees and managers to work directly
with each other, instead of through more formal
• Instead of setting goals for them, Google’s
management helps their employees meet the
objectives that the employees set for themselves.
• The structure promotes corporate transparency
because employees are able to witness and contribute
to the leadership function.
Blogger Web Comments
Send to Phone
• Most famous work environments in the
• Flexible work time and bonuses.
• Facilitate a work environment that caters
• Common café for all employees.
• Brand equity
• User friendly
• The most efficient
• Wide range offerings
• Different Languages
• All the products not known to the
• Over dependence on contextual
advertising for revenue
• Differentiate between content
•Today is the world of computer literacy
•Mobile technologies add another opportunity.
Legal issues about
•Cheaper global telecommunication costs open new markets
Threats from core
PORTERS FIVE FORCE MODEL
SUPPLIER POWER: LOW
• Supplier concentration is low
BUYER POWER: STRONG
• Product differentiation is low
• Users of search tool are becoming more sophisticated &
demanding other services are also free
BARRIER TO ENTERY- MODERATE
• Entry barriers due to brand identity & scales is high
COMPETETIVE RIVARLY: MODERATE
• Product differentiation is low
• Few players relatively small size industry growing at
• No rules and regulation
• Switching cost is zero
• Brand identity
THREAT OF SUBSTITUTION- LOW
• Switching cost is low
• Technology require extremely skilled staffs
• Users are demanding more services & complexity
• 1998 -- Google named Top Search Engine
And within no time, in December, Google.com topped PC
Magazine’s list of top search engines on the Internet.
• 2000 -- Google supports 10 languages
Apart from English, added 10 additional languages: French, German,
Italian, Swedish, Finnish, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Norwegian &
• 2004 -- Gmail, Orkut are born
This was an important year for Google, as It launched Gmail on April
1, 2004 -no April Fools joke -and its own social networking website,
Orkut - currently at No. 2.
• 2005 -- Google Maps, Earth, Talk, and more...
Google launched Google Maps and Google Earth for navigation. This
was also the year when Google Talk.
• 2006 : In 2006, Google bought YouTube.
• 2007 : Gmail for everyone, AdSense for Mobile
Gmail was finally made available for everyone by Google until then it was only an invitation-based email service.
AdSense , support for mobile platforms. Google also
acquired Postini, a crucial stepping stone for greater
security for cloud-based services.
• 2011 : In a move that could transform the company yet
again Google entered into an agreement to acquire the
mobile phone maker Motorola Mobility for about US$12.5
TRANSITION FROM 2001-2011
Rank among all Web sites
Google’s downloadable Web accelerator launched in
2007 had some deal breaker and privacy issues for E.g.It prevented users from downloading videos Google axed
it in 2008.
Google page creator was a tool to help users to create
web page ,which were hosted on Google's server Google
had to axe the product in 2008 because it concentrated
more on Google sites.
Google came out with Google videos but users found it
too expensive to download it.
In 2006 Google came out with Google wave an app
which provided services like instant messaging and
social media but users found it over complicated and
failed to ride the wave