3. INTRODUCTION• For many people, in many countries around the world, celebrating Christmas is a yearly statement of their religious beliefs. For others, it is an opportunity to exchange presents with friends and family, and to indulge in the more secular aspects of the season, however the idea of this project, is for enriching students vocabulary and that they learn new expressions about the Christmas.
4. PURPOSE• This task-based unit serves to increase students’ motivation in learning English and to improve their speaking skills.• pair-work and individual can greatly improve students’ accuracy and confidence in speaking. It is also a new initiative of the school to implement a talk diary in this particular unit to increase students’ initiative to speak English in class. Besides, language arts materials like video and songs are infused into the unit to increase students’ interest to learn in this unit.
5. Objectives• 1. Students will be able to develop awareness of their own initiatives in speaking.• 2. Students will be able to increase their confidence and competence in speaking.• 3. Students will be able to conceptualize their knowledge about Christmas and develop positive values towards.• 4. Students will be able to• apply the targeted Christmas words.
6. STEPSapply the targeted Christmas words; provide and share information.to express ideas and preferences.to make and respond to suggestions; use appropriate format and conventions of e- mails.
7. Task1. Knowing Santa Claus.2. Sending E-mails to Santa Claus.3. Making Christmas Presents & Cards and made exercises about Christmas.4. Making Christmas Wishes.5. Sharing Santa Claus’s E-mail Replies.
8. • Santa Claus •Food• white hair •Drinks• long beard •Christmas bells• red suit •Ribbons• Christmas tree • angels •Balloons• presents •Stars• Christmas Eve •Christmas trees• reindeer •Merry Christmas!• sleigh
9. FINAL PRODUCT• The students were able to develop some tasks while improving their ability to use English in the classroom.• The project was Successful because the learners worked very hard and they learn new expressions about the Christmas.