Head of Year: Miss A Hellier
Assistant Head of Year: Miss L Gillespie
• 10C Mr Walford
• 10H Mr Baxter
• 10E Mr Cordle
• 11W Mr Joyce
• 11V Mr James
• 11A Mrs Wilcox
• 11L Mrs Hayes/Mrs Cornthwaite
• First point of contact/support.
• Rounded picture of pupil
• Communication – diaries/email.
• Three tutor periods per week
that focus on reading, reflective
learning and quizzes!
• For all pupils to achieve their highest attainment in GCSE courses
• Pupils to become responsible and ‘well rounded’ citizens.
• To have aspirations beyond Year 11 and to work hard to achieve them
• Mrs Rowlands – Deputy Head
• Mrs Taylor – Home/School
• Megan Harris – Pastoral Support
• Lesley Newell – Behaviour
• Literacy and numeracy
• Outside agencies
• Provide specialist intervention
beyond the role of the tutor
• Communication between
tutor/head of year/pupil and
Year 10 Mentoring Support
• ‘In school’ specialist mentors to provide individual support for pupils
that have been identified for specific academic reasons. This is
reviewed after each monitoring point
• Reaches out to 15 pupils (this will increase!)
• Meetings take place weekly during registration
• Mr Brown and Mrs Palmer work ‘behind the scenes’ to help with
issues such as homework, organisation, class room confidence etc
• Be prepared to learn!
• Make up and Jewellery
• Green Slips / commendations/postcards home
• Tutor group of the term
• Lunch passes
• Amazon vouchers
Lunchtime training has already started, 50+ students are involved at this
stage. A team of 6 will eventually take on the challenge of visiting ten
tors over 35 miles across Dartmoor over a weekend in May
VOLUNTEERING PHYSICAL SKILL EXPEDITION
3 months 3 months 3 months Plan / prepare / complete a
2 day & 1 night venture
A further 3 months
Total time = 6 months
A further 3 months
Total time = 6 months
Duke of Edinburgh’s Award - Bronze
Practice Expedition Assessed Expedition
• Week beginning June 15th
• Mr Hammett to launch in assembly on 15th October 2014
• Help with selecting and applying for work experience placements
• More individual intervention for career pathways in Year 11
Success starts at home!
How parents can help
• Insight Portal
• School website
• Calendar dates
• Reinforce expectations
• Support the school
Every Tuesday – 3.45pm to 5.30pm
But, I don’t have any homework set!
• * Continuing with coursework or assessment tasks that have been set previously
• * Re-capping - look at your timetable, is there any work you did today in a lesson that you need to do more
on, complete, re-draft or understand better by reading it over again or completing more examples?
• * Preparation - look at tomorrow’s timetable. Do you need to re-read work to help you get ready for
tomorrow? Have you forgotten stuff from last week – if so look at it now. Check your homework is ready
for handing in tomorrow - could you improve it?
• * Extra research - the school homework planner has recommended websites that you could visit to help
you really get ahead and boost your grades
• * Check Bitesize/past papers/SAM Learning/ Revision sites – this is especially good for older students.
Check Insight Portal - is there work you could look at there?
• * Tidy and organise - sort out your workspace, tidy out your bag or pencil case. Make sure you have got the
school equipment you need.
• * ‘Read around. Read extra articles, research, information about work that interests you or that you need to
know more about.
• * Research jobs and courses, know what qualifications you need to follow your dreams.
Proactive rather than reactive!
• Tuesday 23rd September – Enrichment: Intro to Growth Mindset
• W/b 29th September – English CA
• 6th November – Settling in Report – Attitudinal grades only
• W/b December 1st – English CA
• Thursday December 4th – Enrichment – Drama Production
• Tues December 9th – DTP vaccinations
• W/B – December 15th – Maths Assessment week
• February 11th – Monitoring Report (including ‘on target’ estimations)
• Thursday March 19th – Subject Evening
• W/B – March 23rd MFL, English and Maths CA week
• W/B Monday June 8th – EXAM WEEK
• W/B Monday June 15th Work Experience
• Thursday July 9th – Full subject report sent home