Advanced SEO Workshop presented to Webgrrls by Josepf Haslam & Etela Ivkovic DragonSearch
by Josepf Haslam, Keynote Speaker, Consultant, Strategist at SEOcmo.com on Feb 19, 2013
- 2,227 views
Learning Objectives ...
- The importance of and how to conduct advanced keyword research
- Advanced on-page optimization with cross linking strategy
- Advanced off-site factors including link building and maintenance
- How to evaluate the health of your backlink portfolio
- How to assess the strength of your competitor backlinks and where their visitors come from
- Discover how to identify the demographics of your top competitor sites
- What is Google Panda & Penguin updates and how to use them to your advantage
- How to overcome common problems associated with CMS driven sites such as duplicate
content, spider traps
- SEO & Social Media
- Understand Google’s vision for the future of search to gain a competitive advantage.
Search Engine Optimization is the Art & Science of helping your site be crawled, indexed and be found in Organic/Natural (nonpaid) Search Results.
SEO is a process & a mindset
Expands into site architecture, coding performance, usability, content quality, user interaction, sharing and conversion.
How Do I Get More (and Better) Organic Traffic?
Understand keywords (search phrases) that are important to you
Understand how Google determines relevance
Build and optimize your site based on keyword research for all 4 elements of SEO (later)
Get citations / shares / back-links to improve positions over time
Measure, tweak and test based on Analytics
Why Web Back-links are important
Links to your pages confer authority and relevancy to that page
The more important the page linking to you, the more beneficial for you
The more relevant the page linkingto you is, the better
The more relevant the wording that people use to link to your site, the better
Links tell Google what a website is about
What keywords are relevant to your site
How important your site is
Where your site is
What content niche the site occupies – what the context of your site is
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views