We Are Self-Managers
We are SAFE, RESPONSIBLE, AND
RESPECTFUL in the classroom and
What We Know
• Most students at Rowe make the right choice
and are SAFE, RESPONSIBLE, and RESPECTFUL.
• In fact, 94.5% of all students at ROWE have
had 0-1 Discipline Incidents this year! Way to
But… We Also Know
• We can improve! ALL students need to be in
class, on time and prepared!
Self-Managers are ON Time and
• Let’s Go Shamrocks! We can be in class on
time and prepared for learning!
Greater than 4 Tardies
• Think of 2 things that surprised you about the
information that you’ve seen so far today.
• With a partner, discuss what you both were
surprised by. Write these in your Self-Manager
Guide. Draw a * by your 2 best answers.
• One at a time, each group is to share their best
answers with the teacher who will list on the
• Continue around the room until there are nobest
answersto write. (Try not to repeat what has
been said by other groups)
Teacher Hint Think-Pair-Share
• Think about Tardies, Attendance, AND
• If students are struggling with something they
are surprised about, have them write a belief
about students at Rowe that the data
supported or questions they have about the
Rowe Celebrates Self-Managers
• Rowe is filled with students who can manage
their own behavior by being
SAFE, RESPONSIBLE, AND RESPECTFUL both in
the classroom and out.
• Starting 3rd Quarter, these students will be
recognized for their positive influence here at
Who is a Self-Manager?
• Is in class on time and are
prepared for class
• Manages their behavior in
the classroom AND out
• Takes care of their
• 0-1 Unexcused Absences or
Tardies Second Quarter
• 0 Discipline Incidents
• 0 F’s Second Quarter
Why a Self-Manager?
• Self-Managers often do the right thing simply
because it is the right thing.
• Rowe will celebrate these students by:
Random Treat Days
Special Shrock Drawings
Choose Your Lunch/Excuse Yourself Lunch Privileges
Teacher approved Friday Early Release for Lunch and
How Do I Apply?
• Students who qualify in ALL 3 Areas
• Tardies/Absences, Discipline, AND Grades
• Application will be Given in February
• Teacher rating on SAFE, RESPONSIBLE, AND
• Those chosen will get a sticker for their ID
Cards for 3rd Quarter Self-Manager Status
• ALL Students get another chance for 4th quarter based
on 3rd quarter!
• We’ll be reviewing Rowe Expectations
– Remember: SAFE, RESPONSIBLE, RESPECTFUL
• GOAL: Improve our Self-Managing Behaviors
– In class on time and are prepared for class
– Manage behavior in the classroom AND out
– Take care of their classroom responsibilities