1. <ul><li>A drug , is any substance that, when absorbed into the body of a living organism, alters normal bodily function. Drugs are chemicals that change the way a person's body works by altering emotions and thoughts. </li></ul>Drugs – What they Are and What they Do ?
2. Drug abuse is an intense desire to obtain increasing amounts of a particular substance . Drug dependence is the body's physical need, or addiction , to a specific agent. Over the long term, this dependence results in physical harm and behavior problems which causes tolerance and cross tolerance. Thus, it creates a vicious cycle.
6. Legal drugs are not necessarily safer. A study in 2010 asked drug-harm experts to rank various illegal and legal drugs. Alcohol was found to be the most dangerous. It is believed that drug abuse only harms the user but this graph clearly depicts that it not just harms the person but destroys the whole family ,his profession, and life.
7. A TRUESTORY From age 13 to 18, Alby got high several times a day to help him cope. He went to school high and eventually dropped out. “I was losing focus. My attention went from 100 to zero. I was depressed,” he says. Now, after getting substance abuse treatment, Alby has been able to face his problems by talking them outwith counselors and making new friends he describes as “positive.” As he puts it,“I feel a lot better aboutmyself. I feel a lot sharper. I don’t feel lazy anymore.”
8. SOME ACTIVITIES WERE CONDUCTED BY US REGARDING THESE ABOVE DISCUSSED TOPICS. WE HAD TAKEN UP CLASSES 9 TH , 10 TH AND 11 TH FOR PERFORMING SOME ACTIVITIES AND SURVEYS. WE HAVE EVEN VISITED A REHABILITATION CENTRE IN OUR LOCALITY TO KNOW ABOUT THE MEDICATION AND TREATMENT INVOLVED IN REHAB. MOREOVER, WE MADE STUDENTS FILL UP A QUESTIONNAIRE FOR TAKING STATISTICAL DATA
9. MEANING OF DRUG ABUSE
11. CAUSES AND CONSEQUENCES
12. SLOGAN WRITING ON SUBSTANCE ABUSE
13. Following statistical data was collected by using questionnaire method to survey the teens .
16. Use VLC media player format to view and edit the video.
17. THE SURVEY AT REHABILITATION CENTRE WE VISITED A DEADDICTION CENTRE IN ROHINI SEC-22 IT WAS MORE A LEARNING EXPERIENCE THEN A SURVEY. WE TOOK INTERVIEW OF THE MANAGER OF THAT CENTRE AS WELL AS TWO ADDICTS WHO WERE THERE FOR THE TREATMENT. PROGRAMMES LIKE SMART RECOVERY ARE USED THAT LOOKS AT THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THOUGHTS, FEELINGS AND BEHAVIOURS, RECOGNIZING THAT A CHANGE IN ANY OF THESE AREAS CAN AFFECT THE WHOLE CHARACTER. ADDICTION IS SEEN AS A BEHAVIOR RATHER THAN A DISEASE AND SUBSEQUENTLY CURABLE. IT MADE US CLEAR THAT EVEN AFTER UNDERGOIN A 6 MONTH TREATMENT MAXIMUM OF THEM RELAPSE WHEN BACK TO REAL WORLD.
19. Vote of Thanks ! WE THANK VINAYAK FOUNDATION NASHA MUKTI KENDRA FOR GIVING US VALUABLE INFORMATION ON DRUG ABUSE AND ITS ABUSERS. WE THANK THEM FOR THE KNOWLEDEABLE INTERVIEWS WITH TWO OF THE ADDICTS. WE ALSO THANK RYAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL ROHINI , CHAIRMAN SIR AND DIRECTOR MADAM AND OUR PRINCIPAL MS. PRIYA ARORA FOR SUPPORTING AND ENCOURAGING AT ALL TIMES. WE ALSO THANK ALL THE STUDENTS AND TEACHERS WITHOUT WHOSE SUPPORT TASK WOULD HAVE BEEN COMPLETED. Thank you for watching this video