Shelves in the Curriculum Collection area contain (working outward from the Staff Offices): Posters and Pictures, Big Books, math manipulatives, science and social studies kits, Spanish/English paired paperback picture books (on low shelves) Reference and Periodicals (first two rows of tall bookshelves – a row is one side of a double-sided bookshelf) Children’s Fiction (PZ) and Nonfiction books – next nine rows of tall bookshelves Current State-Adopted K-12 Textbooks – next three rows of tall bookshelves Educational Resources (teaching guides, etc.) – next row of tall bookshelves Agricultural Education resources and Grassburrs – next row of tall bookshelves Out-of-date (out of state adoption) K-12 Textbooks – last six rows of tall bookshelves
Curriculum Collection Tour
Lower Level Tour
From the stairs or elevator, we will circle to the left.
You may check out any items on
display behind the reference desk.
is usually on
duty here 9 AM-
5 PM Monday
she is in
teaching, or out
of the office.
What it Contains:
• Trudy’s Books
• ENC Materials
• Kathy Smith Books (KS)
• Binder with combs
• Die Cuts
* Patrons must bring their own paper for die cuts
* Materials in this room can only be hand checked
• Laminating must be done by Special Services staff.
• Laminating costs $1.00/ft (minimum charge $1.00)
• Patrons can pay with cash, check, or Texan Bucks
• Laminating hours: Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM
• Largest width for lamination is 25 inches
• Anything larger (i.e. some posters) need to be folded and sent
through twice. Patrons will be charged for this plus $1 for extra
labor to cut open and refold items for second pass.
Trudy’s Books and Kathy Smith Books
• Method and activity books
donated by Trudy Carlson
• Subject index is available
• Lots of bulletin board & center ideas!
Kathy Smith Books (KS)
• Math and science items
donated by Kathy Smith
• Lists of items are available
*These items must be hand checked 5
The Eisenhower National
Obtained with grants, these include math and science:
• books, magazines, and reading materials
• kits with supplies for experiments
*All items must be hand checked
*Special permission is required
to check out kit items.
Consumables are NOT
The Curriculum Collection
Contains (in this order):
• Big Books & paired Spanish/English picture books
• Math manipulatives
• Science & Social Studies kits
• Education Reference books
• Education Resource books
• Ag Ed books & Grassburrs
• Children’s books
• State-adopted K-12 textbooks
• Out-of-date K-12 textbooks
(these will soon go away)
Short Stacks near the Office
• Big Books*
• Math, science, social studies materials,
tools, and manipulatives
• Spanish and English picture book pairs*
* most items are barcoded and check out for 7 days.
New books are often on display on top of these stacks.
- Building Use Only
- Includes resources for
Author Studies & Math in
Literature lesson plans
EDUC Resource & EDUC AG
- Teacher resources (curriculum guides, etc.),
including Agricultural Education resources
- Items can be checked out for 4 weeks
Children’s and Young Adult Books
In Library of Congress call number order
• two rows of nonfiction (A – PY call numbers)
• six rows of mostly fiction (PZ call numbers)
• one row of nonfiction (Q – Z call numbers)
• Current State Adoptions
o Grade levels are at the end of the call number
o Teacher editions are designated with a T
• Out of Date Textbooks
– have a red X on the spine; will soon be going away
NO college textbooks!
Check Out at Circulation - Main Floor
7-day checkout: children’s books, current K-12 textbooks
4-week checkout: out-of-date textbooks, EDUC AG, and
EDUC RESOURCE materials. 12
can have up
to 20 items
at one time.
Hand Check Materials
• Trudy’s books
• ENC Kits and Books
• Kathy Smith Books (KS)
• Some manipulatives and
other tools and materials
These items do not have bar codes.
Hand checks are done by Amanda ONLY
Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM.
Coordinator for Archives and
Dick Smith Library
Tarleton State University
Stephenville, TX 76402
Office: Lower Level, Room B05B
I'm in Facebook!
Above: QR Code for my wiki home page: