Data to drive world class teaching and learning pdf
Using Data to drive
World Class Teaching
Rick Van Sant, Ph.D.
• Where is the knowledge we have
lost in information.
• T.S. Elliot
Four Dimensions of Educational Analytics
• How can I easily find students who are at-risk?
• Who are the most innovative instructors?
• How are students performing on learning
outcomes over time?
• Which instructional strategies & tools are being
used in courses the most? The least? Which are
most effective to enhance student engagement &
Student Learning (accountability)
• What strategies to improve the quality of course
design and instruction result in better student
performance and course evaluations?
• How many logins, time on task, and other metrics
have occurred over time?
• What student activities are correlated to desired
outcomes, grades and course completion?
• “Given accurate and timely normed
feedback, most populations will self
correct or improve with little or no direct