Be the first to like this
This presentation gives an overview of current social media trends, a look at how businesses today are utilizing social media to grow their businesses and touch on career potential within this unique marketing niche. You will leave with a better understanding of how social media goes beyond how they typically use it as a teenage consumer, and help them understand how businesses are using social media to help further their business objectives.
Why is Social Media Important?
• Social media is here to stay. If you don’t have a strategy, it’s more than likely your competitors will have, or are planning to.
• A good strategy will, at its core, allow you to garner insight into what customers really think about your organization. It allows you to monitor and protect your reputation.
• For the costs that are involved, it’s a great “soft” marketing and communication channel. Although it’s well worth remembering that measuring any ROI against social media can be extremely difficult.
• Boosting overall online activity. Social media will help your SEO and drive visitors to your site.
• It helps your organization speak and listen. Ever tried to make people aware of something while nobody listened? Social media can help you be heard. Equally, it allows otherwise-unheard customers to strike up a two-way conversation with you.
• It makes your organization become transparent, which is a very important element in current business practice, especially online.
• It’s an educational experience. You will be able to learn from customers: what they want, where they are, etc. Equally, customers can quickly learn from you: services, products, locations, etc.
• Relationships will be built and maintained between you and your customers.
• It helps you fish where the fish are. The Internet is becoming increasingly fragmented and distributed. Social media can help you find the correct audience or customers and engage with them, instead of wasting resources in the wrong areas.
More Tips, Best Practices and Social Media Marketing Resources:
FREE Evaluation of Your Social Media: http://www.customerinsightgroup.com/do-you-make-social-media-grade
Social Media Blog: http://www.customerinsightgroup.com/marketinglibrary/
Social Media Infographics: http://www.customerinsightgroup.com/infographs
Social Media Workshops: http://www.customerinsightgroup.com/custom-social-media-workshops