Access corporate digital asset from anywhere
Managing digital assets
AssetAnyWhere currently is an ISV, which provides CMS services to hundreds of customers across the globe.
They want to venture into Digital Asset Management (DAM) space. Lot of the companies with whom AssetAnyWhere
works with, are media companies with lot of digital data.
Following image shows the applications which heavily is centered on accessing the digital assets or providing the
content for the same.
Design / Marketing
Raster Graphics Editor
Adobe Acrobat Pro
Lectra RCS 3DM
Zan Image Printer
Virtual Printer Driver
Edrawing Rapid Fire
Publish and Share CAD
Modela V Pro II
CADCAM archive data
Brand data (live)
Design Pro After
Create and Print
Surething CD Labeler
create cd/dvd labels
3D Printer Software
2D & 3D Design
3D CAD Design
Vector Graphics Editor
Machine non CAD
Compact Photo Studio
Lectra RCS 2DM
3D Geometry of Heel
Shell Folder Fix
3D Studio Max
ART CAM Pro
3D Design & CNC
Wireframe surface &
END USER EDITOR
APPROVER PUBLISHER AUDITOR ADMIN
The solution needs to find a way to seamlessly integrate with various tools (example tools shown in the above
diagram). The existing architecture is legacy and has issues with performance. Large enterprise customers using this
existing architecture, have offices globally distributed and ensuring performance is a challenge. Certain enterprise
customers prefer instance installed on premise and not use the cloud version. AssetAnyWhere although prefers to have only a cloud version, they want to build the architecture in such a way that these customers are not impacted. Lot of the design data is private and the customers are concerned about the data residing in the cloud, rights associated with it, privacy, chances of the IP stolen etc. The architecture needs to ensure that all these concerns are addressed. There are also a few customers who come from locations where there are rules that the data should reside in the same geographical area.
Features intended to be implemented for DAM are as follows:
1. Web Content Management
2. Rich Media files – Extremely large files AutoCAD etc.
3. Workflow in the systems, publishers, contributors, approvers etc.
4. Collaboration between designers
The designers use touch enabled design devices, the application should work across devices. When designers collaborate on large projects, they build part of the design and share their work with other designers, who add on their part of the design etc. The application should support such collaboration and versioning of the files.
5. Global Permissions, access from any device or restricted access on few features as appropriate.
6. Automated and manual Meta data creation and management.
7. Search capability of any file. This has been the challenge for most of the customers and hence the solution should provide intuitive ways to ease the search.
8. Library Services.
10. Most customers complain of duplicate images, documents. AssetAnyWhere wants to introduce image recognition and image based search features.
11. Customers also believe that managing assets is a process and wants to define the same, Standards and best practices of Asset (including naming convention, reusability of assets, photo capture- angles, light etc.,) etc., however it should also be useful to the user and intuitive.
12. Each digital asset needs governance. Establish governance policies.
13. When new customers are on board, the application has to incorporate a tool to make the migration simpler.
14. Analyze asset usage across customers, track number of downloads, number of uploads, time taken to upload, number of executed workflows, user based analytics, search based analytics etc.
15. Customers face huge challenges in organizing assets and asset libraries. The application should define easier way to organize assets.
16. Provide mechanism to stream videos with capability to pause and continue viewing on any device.
17. Provide social integration (with restricted access as needed by the enterprises)
18. Provide a solution for image and video thumb nails, video hyper lapse, with built in media player.
19. Image/Video renditions.
20. Quality renditions (HD vs other).
21. Expired asset management – via Archival etc.
22. Asset import utility.
23. Bulk management capability (bulk upload/download of files etc.).
24. Asset notification – processing, uploading, downloading etc.
25. Encryption, decryption facility.
26. API for common functionality for on premise users to implement and customize.
27. Additionally AssetAnyWhere wants to implement a feature where in the assets can be directly accessed through VC facilities, LYNC etc.
Use of disruptive technology: How do we size it?
Methodology to use and reasons for the same
What are the steps to be taken for Project architectural governance, monitoring?
Define Application performance benchmarks!