Next generation Education Industry
Visualization of Theory
Seeory is an innovative leader in the education industry, with over 20 million students per month, spread across the world and over 300,000 topics created as chapters and lecture notes made available for everybody to use.
Upto this point the material made available to everybody was textual in nature. Seeory believes that seeing something visually rather than reading or through imaging helps to better comprehend concepts and provide more clarity. Combination of seeing and Theory,hence “Seeory”.
There is a parallel effort to create lecture videos, videos of various field trips. This is a huge effort and generating the content is very challenging. However, lot of universities, educational institutions are contributing to this effort by creating content, additionally MOOC and other content aggregators are also contributing to the cause.
Seeory wants to create three dimensional augmented visualization of objects around the world. This will enable the students to get the complete picture. Example: If the topic is about a place like Taj Mahal, Saint Basil’s Cathedral a complete 3D model of the same would be created. Students will not only be able to relate the image of the same, but will also be able to understand the architectural significance of the monuments. For enthusiastic students there will also be lot of additional information like height of the building, number of stones used to build and various other statistics are made available. Visualize the building, in and out and get a complete insight of the building. This applies to every subject. For example: Chemistry. Students will not have to imagine what a Liebig condenser looks like, a 3D object of the same will be available to visualize the same. Seeory has other divisions who work with various 3D printing services for which they create the models. This service has been extended to the Educational vertical as well.
The 3D model is also embedded with additional videos, image tags, etc. that shows the usage of the apparatus and other relevant information.
While there is no, one standard across the world, parallels can be drawn between the syllabuses across the different countries. Seeory intends to certify and evaluate students globally and encourage them to take courses. Seeory has gained the credibility similar to that of well-known universities.
Hiring people to evaluate millions of students is an impossible task. Most of which therefore is intended to be automated. Seeory also believes that everything cannot be automated, and intends to use crowd sourcing for some of the evaluation.
Seeory also has a plan to build a device (Seerface) which is cheap so, that it can be used by universities/School/Colleges and that can handle the innovation needed. The idea is that, every such entity will have this device similar to labs and as part of that every student will be enabled to use the same. This might be similar to the tabs however the device is envisioned to be larger so that the visualization can be larger and a team/group of students in the lab can work together.
There are multiple challenges associated with this. The teams need to provide the solution for the following:
1. Create a website which hosts all content.
2. Create a data base which holds all data. Note: Most of the data is unstructured.
3. Create an integration architecture which enables integration with MOOC, Education aggregators, Devices, Educational Institutions, etc. - Standardized API layer/Protocol for the integration
4. Build .a standard protocol for the 3D objects to be interchanged.
5. Provide the specs of the Seerface and architecture needed to implement the same, along with accessories if needed.
6. Many institutions are adopting tablets etc. rapidly, the media content and solution needs to support cross channel.
7. Performance is the key to the success of media streaming. The content will be used in developing countries with limited bandwidth and hence lot of emphasis is on performance. With over 20 million students all - ready and expecting to grow very steep, the system should be built to scale.
8. The data is best used when analyzed. Seeory wants to capture student progress data, analyze questions by students on the same, provide relevant answers, identify metrics on how a certain chapter is being used, number of views, interest level of students. Point in time, where students divert and look up google for instance, which might provide insight on the video content, that is either not so interesting or is difficult and hence students might need to look up for more information etc.
9. Biggest impact of the entire program is the social aspects of the challenge. Seeory wants every student to share. Provide a solution to enable integration with existing social networks or create one with in Seeory, distinguish between, parents, teachers, and students etc as groups.
10. Contents reach need to be measured via social network. So design a module which crawls the internet and identifies where the content is being shared and how it is perceived. The module is called Seerawl.
11. Enable crowd sourcing for the evaluations through the website: Assume subjects like English to be part automated on grammer, context etc Vs crowd sourcing on rating the work itself which has too many parameters to automate. Assume subjects like art to be evaluated as crowd sourcing.
12. Automating the course evaluations. Create an scalable evaluation engine. Assume subjects like math, computer science, analytics, etc.
Use of disruptive technology: How do we size it?
Methodology to use and reasons for the same
What are the steps to be taken for Project architectural governance, monitoring?
Define Application performance benchmarks