Creating a culture of gratitude was the first step. We communicated gratitude via Rypple, and also printed the “Kudos” and posted it on bulletin boards for everyone to see. Connecting the social activity with the real life activity. Employees felt pride in their accomplishments and could see results from using the tools.Once people started understanding and using Rypple to thank each other and recognize each other in the department, and we could see the comfort level increase, we integrated other forms of feedback.
What was really interesting is that much of the feedback we received included comments about what a good job we did about communicating our culture.
Talent AcquisitionAsking for feedback from candidates we would interview for positions in the team, about the interview process. Asked employees for feedback about new employees as part of the probationary review process.
Social media in the workplace case study in implementation
* Presented by Mila Araujo Director of Personal Insurance, Ogilvy & Ogilvy Inc. for #Impact99 October 24, 2012 Milaspage.com @Milaspage
* Blog: Milaspage.com Bio: Milaaraujo.com • Mila Araujo is the Director of Personal Insurance for Ogilvy & Ogilvy Inc. in Montreal, Quebec — a third generation, family-owned financial services firm with offices in Toronto and Montreal. • Producer of 140 Conference Montreal, 2012 • Writer on Social Business & Strategy on various blogs, including Social Media Today, 12 Most, Business 2 Community and her own blog: Perspectives. • Social Media Advocate & Speaker • Talent Culture #Tchat Ambassador
In order toserve ourcustomers andkeep themhappy, we haveto serve ouremployees andmaintain thefamily feel thecompany wasbuilt on, sothey can behappy at work.
General Challengesin the Workplace:• Lack of Engagement• Shortage in qualified workers• Multi Generational Workforce• Retention Issues• Management finding the ―time‖ to be connected.How do we turn this around,and bring people together inRewarding and stimulatingwork environments?
* Asking for anonymous feedback from employees on various trainings they had* Asking for their thoughts on various processes* Provided a forum to bring up issues anonymously* Encouraged employees to give unsolicited feedback any time on any issue, to each other, or to management. *
Collecting Information to Improve ProcessesInternal & External
* Identify what is working and what is not * When feedback is attained, use it! * Revise processes * Recognize people for their contributions * Change what needs to be changed * Show why things are the way they are, if needed * Evolve together * Make everyone part of the process.*
Tool How We Use It Employee Management “Fave” Feature “Fave” FeatureTribeHR Keep track of Knowing what Major time saver employee everyone is up attendance toRypple Collect Feedback Badges/Praise Confidential feedback to improve processes, seeing employees recognize each otherYammer Communication, Feeling Identifying issues, Praise, connected, ability to beWatch the Information supported, present at allVideo sharing, access to times, keeping Brainstorming, information connected to the Monitoring quickly ―pulse‖ of the team. Efficiency. *
*If the Video does not Display on the next slide– please watch on Youtube here
• Collaborate on projects• Bring understanding of branding and vision at every level of the company• Harness the strength of ―Team thinking‖