introduce some excellent open source software and freeware.
Moodle Developing Environment (E)
e-learning co., ltd.
● Takeshi Matsuzaki
● CEO of e-learning corporation ltd.
● Established 2000
● Contents for IT engineers
● Moodle service
● Setting, support
● Software developing
● Moodle Association Japan business
● MCCC(Moodle Course Creator
● Mobile Learning Consortium director
● Linux Professional Institute Japan
• Integrated Development Environment
• Integrating editor , compiler and debuger
• Developers for Java, C# must use IDE .
• For Moodle developing, I was surprised that many people don’t use IDE in Japan .
– PHP doesn’t need compile , is it the main reason ?
• But, In proper developing, we needs IDE .
• It can STOP, See vars, Step
• I recommend PhpStorm
– In PHP , it is much faster than Eclipse or Visual studio .
• vi may be that emergensy last method … ?
– Multi platform
• Windows, Mac OS X, Linux
– NOT free
– Company：1st year $199, next year $129, Individual $99, $49
• Japanese partner
– No Japanese translation ( In fact, I didn’t investigate )
It is easy in the case of httpd and
PHPStorm are 1 machine, This
document doesn’t tell about it .
SMB, FTP, SFTP, FTPS
Import and indexing spend 1 hour .
Deployment > Options
Upload changed giles automatically
to the default server [Always]
Setting > PHP > Servers Use path mapping
Check [Validate remote environment]
yum install php-pear gcc php-devel
pecl install xdebug
xdebug.remote_host=188.8.131.52 //developing client
Check xdebug information by phpinfo()
Listen to debegger
Run script on browser .
Access Moodle by browser
On upper pull-down menu ,
Set View > ToolBar ON