Marwan Khaled Issa
• Marital status: Married + Three Children (Gr. 8, Gr. 7 & Gr. 2)
• Place & date of birth: Kuwait, 19th January 1971.
• Nationality: Jordanian.
• Driving license: Valid UAE driving license + personal car.
• Resident of: Abu Dhabi.
• Master of Engineering Management (MEM) -
University of Wollongong - Dubai 2014.
• B.Sc. in Electromechanical Engineering -
Automation, Amman University for applied
engineering, Jordan 1995.
• Secondary School - Kuwait 1989.
Profile & Mission statement
• My education & work experience have provided me with a great sense of
responsibility, enhanced my technical & organizational skills, the ability to meet
deadlines as a playmaker.
• Continues learning and skills enforcement.
• Leadership and best management position.
• Zero life defect record.
• Be very effective and professional.
• Be Innovative.
• I am ambitious, hard working, presentable, and easy to get along with. I have an
ability to work under pressure displaying both efficiency & accuracy.
• Extensive experience (20 years) in Electromechanical systems (HVAC, Transformers &
Power Distribution, fire alarm & fighting system, Diesel generators, Lighting ….etc.)
design, service, operation, construction & project management in the field of industrial
& high rise buildings.
• Facilities maintenance & management experience enhanced by technical, leader ship
(6.5 Year) Facilities Manager @ Education field.
(6 Year) Projects & Facilities In Charge @ Strategic Studies field.
(2.5 Year) Head of Electrical Section @ Hospital field.
(3 Years) Utilities Engineer @ Pharmaceutical field.
(2.5 Year) senior electrical Engineer @ Industry Production field.
(6.5 Year) Facilities Manager @
Education field. (ADVETI)
(6 Year) Projects & Facilities In Charge @ Strategic Studies
• Lead & Develop implementation of 20 remote location across UAE.
• Projects Management: New expansions/Renovation, preparation of SOW & bidding documents,
Technical Evaluation, project planning & execution, Installation & Commissioning Activities.
• Achieve Comfort & Safe environment requirements in Education field.
• Negotiation & managing maintenance contracts for effective use of resources.
• Fixed Asset Management.
• HSE management & Risk Analysis.
• Soft services Management: Cleaning, Security, landscaping, Catering & offices services.
• Projects In Charge for New Building committee @ ECSSR, AED 120M, Renovation, Interior &
furniture fit out Design.
• Updating Head of Committee of all aspects of project & preparing tender documents for selection
of the consultant & contractors (Turn Key projects) in following scope: Interior design & fit out/
UAE Federation library (1M title)/ Access & Security control/ IT infrastructure & Server Room/ AV
system/ Landscaping (Hard & Soft).
• Complete Maintenance Design & Operation , contractor selection & BMS control room
• Maintain Project Budget guidelines & report variances.
• Managing Operations & maintenance of Utilities Infrastructure services (HVAC, Electrical
distribution system, Mechanical & Plumbing.
• PPM planning & call center design.
(2.5 Year) Head of Electrical Section @ Hospital
(3 Years) Utilities Engineer @ Pharmaceutical
• Responsible for Effective running of all electrical services @ Dubai hospital (630 bed capacity)
• Monitoring & project development for all electrical Infrastructure: Main power supply MV/LV &
ATS panels./ Diesel Generator/ UPS & battery Chargers/HVAC : AHUs & Centrifugal chillers &
Cooling Tower / Medical gas system/ Compressors/ LPG/Boilers & Heating pumps
• Monitoring & Maintaining Fire Alarm System/ Fire pumps & Hose reel / Fire Extinguishers.
• Managing & Monitoring PPM : OTIS Elevators (16nos)
• Building Management System (BMS): Control room.
• In house – Staff managing & utilization.
• Spare Parts Inventory management: safety stock level, order time & JIT.
• Member of New Antibiotic plant committee (JULPHAR 2) for Installation & commissioning all
Electromechanical equipment / $ 3M project budget /In house project/ Supervision of:
• HVAC System: ABB 30Nos AHU/ Carrier Chillers 3Nos/ Chilled water Balance & Air
balance/Advanced Air filtration system/ HEPA filters/ Temperature & Humidity control.
• Writing all operation, cleaning & preventive maintenance procedures (SOP) for HVAC system.
• Control room: Managing BMS & daily reports.
• Production Machines: installation & Commissioning / PLC troubleshooting.
• Power Distribution System: ABB Transformers /RMU/ Main Switchgears & Diesel Generator.
• IQ & OQ Documentation.
(2.5 Year) Senior Electrical Engineer @ Industry Production
field. (Crown Industry)
• Assist planning & organizing the preventive maintenance & repair / Production machines .
• Using Advanced PLC Technology in Monitoring & Troubleshooting Production & packaging
Machines: Day- to – Day Task.
• Monitoring Utilities services for the plant : Power Supply system, Diesel Generators, Water
• Fire Alarm & Fire fighting system.
• Electrical Inventory control.
• Area of Knowledge :
-Thermal Station – Power Generation
-Steel Pipes fabrication Industry (rolling mills)
-Food production & Packing
-Aluminum Can making Industry
-Health Care & Hospitals
-Research & Conferences
Work Experience :
summary of Main Tasks:
• Projects management
• Design Programmable Preventive Maintenance (PPM).
• Routine check, Corrective maintenance & Major Shutdown.
• Facilities maintenance & management experience for Hard services (maintenance) &
Soft services (Cleaning, Catering, Security, Landscaping, & events management).
Main Challenges in managing building Maintenance:
• Effective Maintenance needs a qualified staff with extensive training on best practice
for doing the Preventive & Corrective maintenance.
• You need to ensure Reliability which reflected by Availability (Response time) &
Maintainability (Break Down Time)
• Interruption operations: you need to plan redundant system or alternative solution &
proper shutdown time that not interfering operations.
• Budget control & visibility.
• Maintaining Zero life defects with strict HES standards & Procedures.
Future Vision & Mission
• Project Management & Planning
• Building Renovation Process
• Building Renovation Challenges
• Aspirations & Suggestions
• My Plan to Manage Maintenance Division
Building Renovation Process
• Currently @ Education field (ADVETI), we are handing over many schools from
ADEC, and most of these schools have been renovated to meet ADVETI standards
for vocational & Training programs, Upgrading HVAC system, Fire Alarm & fighting
system with AD code of building safety, Use LED lighting for reducing power
consumption & heat dissipation, Mix between modern design and classic in fit out
and decoration concept.
• Carried out renovation work at Dubai Hospital which was built on 1980 for patients
wards and upgrade main reception, HVAC cooling system & replace pneumatic
control system with DDC control, replaced SMDBs & DBs as per DEWA regulations.
• Manage MEP renovation works at Emirates center (ECSSR) for developing Ball
Room & function room with State – of Art building fit out and decoration.
Building Renovation Challenges
• Design Challenges: renovation design is normally
restricted with actual situation and previous main civil
construction which force designer with many
considerations that need deep alteration and sometimes
• Operational Challenges: renovation tasks (WBS) need
complicated planning through several stages in order to
maintain smooth running for the daily business of the firm
& this might create inconvenience atmosphere for both
staff & visitors/Guests.
Aspirations & Suggestions
• Focusing on Advance Management for applying best practices
in Effective maintenance management & Strategic planning,
resource utilization, budget control, Logistics & supply chain,
Quality & HSE standards.
• My future plan in using Technology for supporting maintenance
& Facilities Division (BMS system & office automation
equipment), Green building concept & Power Save concept.
Furthermore, I think that KUSTAR business is proper place for
me, where I can transfer my experience for the benefit of campus
& suggest Automation of most of office equipment system &
Archiving, Data Center Development, Electronic Library,
Advanced security monitoring Camera & Access control.