SALVADOR ARANETA MEMORIAL INSTITUTE
GRADE SCHOOL DEPARTMENT
SCHOOL YEAR 2012-2013
Third Monthly Examinations
Parent‟s Sign: _______________________________
Date : ___________________
Teacher‟s Sign: ____________
I. Directions: Read the story carefully and answer the question that follows.(2pts. each)
Teddy was at home feeling unhappy. His sister Emma, had a new toy, but he
didn‟t have one. He wanted to take Emma‟s toy and hide it from her; then he would feel
better. Teddy quietly walked over to where Emma was playing and dropped a piece of
paper near her. When Emma went to pick up the paper, Teddy grabbed the toy and held it
behind his back. Emma didn‟t see him do that, but when shesaw the toy was missing she
started to shout, “Teddy, you took my toy!” Meanwhile, the children‟s mother had
noticed what happened, and she told Teddy that if he didn‟t want his toys taken away, he
must return the toy to Emma. Teddy started to shout, “It‟s not fair, Emma got a new toy,
and I didn‟t.” Then their mother told the children to sit down while she read a story to
them. It was a true story. There was a poor child who only had old, torn clothes, and went
to bed hungry every night. For dinner the boy‟s family had a little watery rice and maybe
The boy‟s birthday was in two weeks. The boy prayed for a ball because he loved
to play ball, but some children wouldn‟t play with him because he had such poor clothes.
The boy prayed every day. His older boy told him that he was crazy - there was no way
that God was going to give him a ball for his birthday. But the boy kept praying everyday
that he would get a ball if God wanted him to have one. On his birthday, the family did
not have any special celebration except that they all had fish with their rice and
vegetables. That night the boy didn‟t feel hungry. His brother told him, “You see, God
didn‟t answer your prayer!” The boy said, “Yes He did! Godsaid „No‟ to the ball but gave
all of us good food instead.” The boy said that God knew that good food for the whole
family was more important than a ball just for him.After hearing the story, Teddy and
Emma, felt sad for the boy and for the way they had acted earlier. They said prayers to
thank God for everything they had and prayed that God would help all the poor children
in the world. Then Emma invited Teddy to play with her and her new toy. Teddy said
they could get some of the other toys and play with all of them. That night they said
prayers again and thought about everything that God had given them.
1. What problem did Teddy have? __________________________________________
2. What feeling did he have? ______________________________________________
3. Did you ever feel unhappy because someone had something that you didn‟t have?
4. How did the mother help Teddy & Emma learn about God and what God wants for
each of His creations? ___________________________________________________
5. Does God know what we all need? Do we know everything that is good for us?
II. Directions: Match column A with column B. Write the letter of the correct answer on
the space provided for.
_____12.Television and Radio
_____15.Palabra de Honor
_____20. Wiseunto you
a. are examples of advertisements
b. determination to face hardship
c. a body of knowledge derived from study
d. genuine and trustworthy
e. to become clear
f.giving high esteem to any promises given
g.make good choices and decision
h.serve as notices of something for sale
i. Do unto others what you want others do
j.a person who buy or make use of goods or
III. Directions: Read each statement carefully. Write Yes if the statement
shows kindness to animals andNo if not.
______________________ 21. Feed your dog at home regularly.
______________________ 22. Clean the poultry house regularly.
______________________ 23. Give your cat a warm mat to lie on.
______________________ 24. Kill birds and helpful insects.
______________________ 25. Kick your dog when it is in your way.
______________________ 26.Beat your pets when they are naughty.
______________________ 27. Give your dog a bath regularly.
______________________ 28. Check that your pets have clean water to drink.
______________________ 29.Comfort your pets when they are sick.
______________________ 30. Sell your dog when you don‟t have money.
IV. Directions: Fill in the blanks with the correct word. Choose your answer in the box.
31. A friend ____________________ you in times of sadness.
32. A friend ____________________ to your ideas and feelings.
33. A friend ____________________ you in time of need.
34. A friend lovingly ____________________ you when you are wrong.
35. A friend ____________________ your opinions even if he or she disagrees with
36. A friend ____________________ you when others try to put you down.
37. A friend gives his or her ____________________ for you when you need it.
38. A friend does not only takes; he or she also ____________________.
39. A friend can still ____________________ you even when you have hurt him or her.
40. A friend ____________________ you for who you are. He or she does not try to
V. A) Directions: Complete the statements below. Write your answers in the space
41. It is important to know myself because ____________________________________
42. The three good qualities I am happy about are _______________________________
43. My friends and I know that I am good at ___________________________________
44. There are some activities that I have not done yet, but I would like to _____________
45. The person I admire most is my __________________________________________
B) Directions: What will you do with the following situations.
46. You saw your classmate eating candy and throw the candy wrapper in the corridor.
What will you say? ____________________________________________________
47. You have a classmate who is always using bad words. Would you make friends with
him/her? What should you do? ___________________________________________
48. Your teacher is asking questions about your lessons and you want to answer. What
will you do?__________________________________________________________
49. You saw your friends picking the flowers and pulling out the grasses in the park.
What will you do?______________________________________________________
50. You don‟t have class and your mom has to go to market and no one will look over
your younger sister. What will you do?_____________________________________