Introduction – Who is Traffic4u The facts Result driven online marketing; Search Advertising, SEO, Affiliate marketing, Display Advertising, Conversion Rate Optimization Founded in 1999 Independent Offices in Groningen and Amsterdam Co-founder of Online Tuesday & actively involved in IAB Market leader with over 100 million adspend for our clients in our portfolio
Introduction – Who is Traffic4uSome of our clients that we are proud of
What thrives Traffic4u?Mission statement Helping clients to get the maximum out of online!
Today• The Conversion Rate Optimization Maturity Model• Lessons learned and insights that: • Will help you start and improve your conversion program • Will help you get you organisational buy-in
CRO Maturity Model• Inspired by organisational process optimization models• Qualitative research among >100 organisations with significant adspend• Real world experience & best practices
CRO Maturity ModelFactors for success• Organization: Who is involved in CRO?• Process: How well organized are your projects?• Technology: A/B testing functionality and research technology• Strategy & Analysis: scale of testing, level of insight and methods
CRO Maturity ModelWhy is it important?• ACT YOUR AGE: The right implementation of the factors of succes defines the result!• There is no blueprint for every organization..• CRO = about experimenting and being innovative and about optimizing the process• To be innovative you need good people, a process, an organization which is innovative at heart at all levels: Organizational buy-in!
1. Innovation ≠ instant perfection• It’s about a speedy process not always about perfection• But make you sure you will always have a learning• If you iterate faster, you will learn and earn faster
2. Don’t talk technologyJust don’t. No really, don’t: it’s complex, confusing, people (especiallyhippo’s) loose interest.But do talk about:• What you’ll learn• How you can use the outcome for the greater good• The potential outcome
4. Organizational buy-inThe 3 P’s of conversion 1. Program • Top level maturity of the program • CEO / owner 2. Projects • Planning & determining impact/effort • Project owner / CRO Specialist 3. Page • On page tactics • The Conversion Hero Team
4. Organisational buy-inProgram• Get the Hippo involved!• Inform about changes, you might run into unpleasant surprises• Make it clear this in fact a long term project
4. Organisational buy-inProjects• Plan the process, not the test: • Plan test sprints with specialized/shared resources in mind • Complex inter-dependencies are a reality – deal with it!• Make impact / effort calculations• Make it fun and do your own which test won competition
4. Organisational buy-inPage (TEAM)• Involve designers, but don’t just copy their principles• IT is your closest friend…