What is CME?
• Continuing medical education
• Non-confrontational forum for education on topics related to the
practice of emergency medicine
• Primarily focused at Registrars but also for Consultant and Senior
• Weekly Topics to include topics relevant to primarily Part 2 teaching
program of that week
• Presentations prepared by:
• ED Consultants & Registrars (with an allocated consultant mentor)
• Specialty Consultants or Registrars
• Relevant allied health staff
• Duration ranges depending on topic from 15 mins – 2 hours
• Usually 3-4 presentations per session and a quiz (time allowing)
• Airway workshops (6 monthly) – 15th March 2018
• Audits / Registrar Projects (6 monthly)
• Trauma Scenario (monthly)
• M&M / Interesting case review (monthly)
• Radiology Sessions (monthly)
• Education Registrar – What’s Hot in Emergency Medicine (monthly)
• Toxicology core knowledge
• Ultrasound core knowledge
• Current research in ED
• Weekly Quiz – VAQ’s (ECG’s, Gases, etc…)
• Emergency medicine outside of the tertiary hospital
What do we expect from you?
• Check the CME timetable on the website (scghed.com)
• Esp. if you are rostered for a day shift on a that Thursday
• Arrive on time
• If you have something you would like to present during your term – then let me know
• When asked to present, prepare well researched content (with suitable references) in consultation with allocated senior mentor
• Attend as many mornings as possible
• Airway workshop is mandatory
• Part 1 & 2 candidates highly recommended to attend all possible during their teaching program
• Attendance is considered as part of your term assessment!!
• Give feedback
• Airway Workshop
• 15th March
• Attendance mandatory and very beneficial!!
Charlie’s ED Website (scghed.com)
• What is it?
• How do I use it?
• Is the site complete?
• Can I contribute?