What do your bones do?
Support. They support your
Protection. Bones protect
Movement. Bones enable body
Blood cell production. Bones
make blood cells in marrow.
Energy storage. Some fats are
stored in bones.
Joints are the places where your bones
We need to take care
of our joints or we will
get arthritis or other
It connects bones.
It is softer than bone.
It acts like a cushion.
Your ears are made of
To prevent arthritis, we should control our weight,
exercise, eat fish, prevent injury and protect our joints
by being careful when lifting heavy things.
Scoliosis is when the
spine is crooked.
Syphilis destroys your bones
Syphilis is a sexually
The elephant man
He lived in the 19th
People paid money to
Sometimes bones become fossils
Archaeologists study fossils to learn about our
• What bone protects our brain?
• What bones protect our organs?
• What nutrient do our bones need to be strong?
• About how many bones are there in an adult’s body?
• What is it called when we break a bone?
• What is inside our bones that makes red blood cells?
• What connects bones to other bones?
• What health problem do we have when our cartilage
• What are the places where our bones meet?