How to Use Print Template to Spruce Up Routing Slips
1. First, export the existing template for customization. In this case, I use the routing slip in Serials
Module, under Admin and then Settings. We are still on 2009A. Screenshots:
2. Once the provided template is exported, you can find it in the directory you have chosen. Note:
you cannot name the exported file.
3. You need the iReport program. You can download it on CSdirect at
4. Download the program, install and then start the program. Screenshot.
5. When you are done with customizing the slip, save and get out of the program.
6. One more thing before we export the customized print template. We need to put a copy of the
graphics into C:Millennium (If we use any graphics in the template. Note: insert graphics
command is under the edit menu.)
7. Now time to import the newly designed print template back into Millennium. Screenshot:
8. We are almost there. The only left for us to do is to configure the print template printer. This has
to be configured on each individual operator’s Millennium. Screenshot:
Next you will see:
(Choose Print to print out a paper copy or PDF to print to electronic copy)
This is it.
Follow the normal procedure to check in journals and the routing slip will print out on the chosen print
To enable it on different computer, the set-up has to be conducted on that computer.
----Written on may 17, 2010 at William Mitchell College of Law