A flash back . . .
• Few years ago Suhas was then a student of
grade 8th.Computer was then unknown to
him.One day he accompanied his brother an
engineering student to the cyber café at
Bnaglore .He was overwhelmed by the world
of internet and spent his time in café when
his friends were busy playing.
• He did not have enough pocket
money- his father working in the
armed forces and his mother being a
house wife was keen on his studies
and not in visiting cyber café .
• He convinced the owner of cyber
café and started running the café
during the owners lunch break
• He learnt HTML,ASP and all possible
softwares on his own.
• He won several worthwhile friends in
the US and Europe through yahoo
chat.Winning such friends was
another arrow in the armory of his
• He wanted to start his own website named
www.coolhindustani.com .Again money was the hindrance.
• He approached several companies to sponser his website.But
all the Indian companies responded it as a Child’s play.
• How ever he got a break through – Network Solutions in
US sponserd his site for 1 year
• Within days he got an invitation to present a paper in
• There he got his first job offer as a freelancer in Network
• But he refused since he wanted to start his
• The company president was amazed to see the
determination of a 14 year old boy.He offered
him help to start his enterprise.
• Suhas returned back to India and started his
efforts to start his company when his friends
were struggling with exams.
• Next hurdle he faced was that, normally in
India ,it is impossible to start a company before
the age of 18.
• But he registered in US in the name of
Cliffords using his home address in US
.Clifford’s was his cyber friend whom he met
through yahoo chat
• In August, 2000, the very same year, he set up
Globals Inc, a web solutions company at
• He was the owner as well as the only 1 worker
of the company.
• He started with web designing and he began to get
more and more orders
• He started appointing staff.His criterion to give
offer letter is not based on formal qualification but
efficiency and attitude.
• From then Globals has drastically grown as a
Multi-national IT consulting company focussed on
Web, e-Commerce and Mobile Solutions
• Suhas is currently juggling his corporate life with a BE
in Information Science at the M.S. Ramaiah
Institute of Information Technology.
• Few years before…….
• He owned a car, bought out of his earnings, but didn’t
have a license to drive it around the city as he was too
young to get a license!
• As a CEO, he wrapped up mega deals, but could not
sign on the dotted line as legally he was a minor.
• Government of Karnataka has offered him 10
acres of land inorder to shift his headquarters
from US to Banglore.
• Globals Inc has now presence in US,Italy, India
tralia and Nigeria
Mr. Suhas Gopinath at the
age of 16 was recognized
as the world’s youngest
entrepreneur by CNBC and
At the age of 17 he was
recognized as the World's
Youngest CEO by leading
Medias across the globe
including BBC, Washington
Times, The Age, etc.,
including Limca Book of
In the year 2005, he became the youngest
recipient of the prestigious Rajyotsava Award
conferred on him by the State Government of
Along with his professional activities, he has also
volunteered as the Youth Ambassador for Indo-Pak
Leadership Program organized by School of
• Mr. Suhas Gopinath was announced as one of the
“Young Global Leaders” for 2008-2009 by the
prestigious World Economic Forum and he became
the youngest member ever in the World Economic
Forum’s history. His co-members include US
Governor Bobby Jindal, Hollywood Actor Leonardo
DiCaprio, Musician A.R.Rahman, Prince of Brunei,
He is also designated as
the resource person for
Entrepreneurship at IIM
Ahmadabad, and Advisory
Board member at IIT
On December 2, 2007, The European
Parliament and International Association
for Human Values conferred “Young
Achiever Award” to Mr. Suhas Gopinath
at the EU Parliament, Brussels, and he
was also invited to address the
European Parliament and other Business
dignitaries assembled in the EU
• In July 2008, his detailed biography was
featured in the renowned Current- Biography
Book published in New York along with
Hollywood Actor George Clooney, World Bank
President Robert Zoellick, Governor of New
York David Paterson, and other eminent
• Joining Globals Inc is simple, provided you
are in the 17-22 year age group. ‘The
membership is free of cost. Once you fill up
the form and enter your skill set, they will
assign you a project. And you become a part
of the family,’
• The rates he charge for developing a website
is very cheap ie hardly Rs. 300
• His ambition is to find another Microsoft and
his role model is BILL GATES.