WooCommerce is awesome
Customizing WooCommerce using actions and ﬁlters, or
just adding plugins or themes, is a great way to provide
a tailored solution for your exact needs, but sometimes
things can go haywire.
- Lord Melbourne
“…the possession of great power
necessarily implies great
Your face when your site white screens
It’s going to be OK. Breathe.
Your ﬁrst instinct will be to panic, but
you’re not doing anyone favors with that.
Find the problem
It’s often buried *just* under the surface
Questions to ask
• When exactly did you ﬁrst notice the problem?
• Have any updates been applied to your website
• Have you changed themes or made any design changes?
• Have you installed any new plugins?
• Is your problem happening in one browser, or all of
• Do you see any speciﬁc error messages?
Cheating, the WooCommerce way
We’ve built a fancy tool for you (really for us, but you can
use it). It’s called the System Status Report, and you’ve
likely seen it in the WooCommerce menu.
Things to look for
• Anything in red, which means a problem.
• If you’re using an old version of a plugin from
us, it will tell you.
• It will tell you the template overrides you are
using in your theme.
Still not seeing anything?
• Go to the page and use Firebug/Chrome Dev
tools to look for anything out of the ordinary.
• Use the built in logging for WooCommerce
extensions that have it. This can help you
narrow down certain issues with payments or