Wenzao Ursuline University
• The creation of products with new or different
characteristics that offer new or additional
benefits to the customer.
• Product development may involve modification
of an existing product or its presentation, or
formulation of an entirely new product that
satisfies a newly defined customer want or
• A good, idea, method, information, object or service created
as a result of a process and serves a need or satisfies a want.
• It has a combination of tangible and intangible attributes (
benefits, features, functions, uses) that a seller offers a buyer
• For example a seller of a toothbrush not only offers the
physical product but also the idea that the consumer will be
improving the health of their teeth.
Graphic source: http://blog.moveableonline.com/assets/2013/03/new-product-development-process.jpg
• Think of a product that needs improvement
• Discuss what needs improvement and
• Google a photo of the original product and
show which aspect of the product that you
• Using your smartphone or tablet, design
(draw) your improved product
• Present your product improvements in