Founded: May 7, 1946
Founder : Akio Morita
Present CEO: Kazuo Hirai
Head quarter: Tokyo, Japan
The name ‘SONY’ is based on the Latin word Sonus, which means
Sony’s first product was Rice Cooker (A Failure)
World’s first tape recorder G-Type (1950)
World's first commercially compact disc player Sony CDP-101 Oct1982.
World’s first Google TV (October 6, 2010)
27-OCT-2011- Sony Ericsson became a wholly-owned subsidiary of SONY
The world’s first 3LCD Laser Projector (2-july-2013)
World’s first Waterproof Smartphone XPERIA Z.(9feb-2013)
NEW YORK, Sept. 4, 2013 – Today Sony introduced the world’s first curved
screen LED television, model KDL-65S990A
SONY has sectors like BANKING and INSURANCE too.
Televisions : Bravia Range, LCD, Earlier WEGA
Digital imaging: Cyber-Shot, Alpha, HANDYCAM, Series cameras.
Audio / Video: Walkman, Home audio , Blu-ray Disc™ players and recorders,
memory-based portable audio devices, car music systems( X-Plod), Headphones
Batteries, recording media, data recording systems
Storage and Memory:
HardDisk drives, memory cards, pendrives
Gaming & Computers
Playstation series gaming Consoles, Vaio series laptops & All-in-One Desktops
Smartphones and Tablets
Xperia series, smartwear
Sony being a company which emphasize product quality,it tends to
sell its products with price range from moderately-high to high-
prices, depending on the use and targeted customers.
As Sony is Renowned Multinational company and known for its
quality products has higher pricing policies for its products and in
return by keeping in view of better customer care and after sale
Sony series of Vaio laptops.
Sony has categorized the laptops according to Style, User, Purpose,
Mobility and performance.
• Sony's electronics products and services are marketed throughout
the world under the trademark "Sony“
• Registered in 204 countries and territories.
• Sony Corporation has more then 30 subsidiaries company in Japan
• And more than 50 affiliated companies outside of Japan
• Also selling products through Online stores like Flipkart, Snapdeal,
EBay, Amazon etc
• Established its India operations in November 1994
• Having over 20,000 registered dealers and
distributors in India
• more than 300 exclusive Sony outlets and 25
• service presence across the country with 365
PLACE : INDIA