Read More: http://www.tembostatus.com/blog/5-tips-for-team-motivation
Every employee is different. Managers must recognize the differences in people and what motivates them and then utilize the appropriate techniques to encourage and support staff in meeting or exceeding desired outcomes.
Here are 5 things managers should consider when putting together a plan for team motivation:
1. Create a sense of purpose. Clearly communicate how the team contributes to the company’s success. Demonstrate how the work they do impacts others within the organization and how others rely on them. Make sure employees also understand how their work makes a difference, not just in the bottom line, but from a larger, more human impact. Perhaps they are involved in manufacturing.
2. Know the team as individuals. Taking the time to get to know your team gives you the opportunity to understand each individual’s strengths, abilities, and what motivates them. It also ensures that employees feel respected and that their leaders genuinely care about them.
3. Set challenging yet realistic goals. It’s great to set ambitious goals, but don’t make them so difficult that the team is destined to fail. Understand your team’s capabilities and set goals that are attainable but push them. Its important to set up milestones along the way so that people are kept on track and can see their progress.
4. Empower your team. People are inspired when they feel that their leaders believe in them. Give the team an opportunity to take ownership of how to tackle their work. Provide the right tools and support. Remove obstacles.
5. Celebrate accomplishments. When milestones are met and goals are reached its important to celebrate these events. Make sure that the group is recognized for these accomplishments. Continuously provide– let individuals know what is going well and give suggestions for improvement along the way.