• First, and foremost, it is part of career/succession
• It is a strategic approach to developing, growing & retaining
• It is a program that should reflect the unique culture of
• It is a proven approach that will help drive a growth based
Mentoree • Providesan importantnetworking contact
• Helps them learn to take better controltheir career
• Accessto new resources
Mentor • Helps re-energize their career
• Allows the them to "give back"
• HIPOsneed to be recognized, motivatedand inspired
Organization • Conveysthe organizationis willing to invest in its employees
• Fostersmoreloyal employees
• Can lead to increase retention& productivity
• Promotesa sense of collaborationand harmony within the organization
• Improvesthe employee brand to the outside world
Kick Off & Buildthe
MENTORSHIP PROGRAM FRAMEWORK
Some reasons it FAILED
• Very little advocacy from the top-down
• Management/employeesare not committedto it
• Lack of consistencyand frequency of communication
• There is no structure/process…noone knows how to play
• Is it too informal?
• Who is accountable for it?
• It’s not linked to the business strategy & needs
ChangeStages Behaviour Change What’sInvolved?
Awareness “I know what this is about and how it affects
me and the organization”
Showthe link to the Business Need
Advocates from Top Down
Define the Owner
Attain agreement on the program
Desire “I think this is valuable to me and I want to
support /participate, tell me more”
Knowledge “I understand howthis works and know how
Action “Look at me, I am participating” Pulse Check Ins - monitor progress
Share status updates with company
Reinforce “I know my participation was successful,to me
and to the organization”
Reduction in turnover
Increase in Engagement levels
Celebrate Success – Recognition
Continuous improvement measures
Reinforce programs values
Change Management Strategy
1. We are aware that we are not alone in this journey!
2. We agree that a mentorship program will influence growth!
3. We understand why programs like this fail!
4. We see the value to having a change management strategy!