SAP HANA 1.0 with SPS 10
• What is IN-MEMORY?
• Need for SAP HANA
• Why to choose SAP HANA?
• Reasons why companies
• HANA Hardware Partners
• HANA Landscape
• Where can we use SAP
• Use cases for using SAP
• Key Takeaways About SAP
• Roles in SAP HANA
• About Trainer
Data now resides in main-memory (RAM) and no
longer on a hard disk.
It is a combination of hardware and software
made to process massive real time data using In-
SAP HANA, short for “High-Performance Analytic Appliance”
is an in-memory, column-oriented, relational database
management system developed by SAP.
It combines row-based, column-based database technology.
It’s best suited for performing real-time analytics on massive
data, and developing & deploying real-time applications.
An in-memory database means all the
data is stored in the memory (RAM). No
time wasted in loading the data from
hard-disk to RAM or storing the data in
Everything is stored inside memory for all the time, which gives
quick access ability to the CPUs while processing data.
The speed advantages offered by this RAM storage system are
further accelerated by the use of multi-core CPUs, and
multiple CPUs per board, and multiple boards per server
Performing real-time analytics on massive data
• Operating System Supported By SAP
HANA: Earlier SUSE Linux Enterprise
Server x86-64 (SLES) 11 SP1 was the only
Operating system supported by SAP
• From SPS08, Red Hat Enterprise Linux is
also supported. SAP HANA is developed
in C++ language.
• SAP HANA is equipped with Multiengine Query Processing
Environment which supports relational as well as graphical and
text data within the same system.
Why SAP HANA is FAST?
• In-memory computing is safe: The SAP
HANA database holds the bulk of its
data in memory for maximum
performance, but still uses persistent
storage to provide a fallback in case of
• After a power failure, the database can be restarted like any disk-
based database and returns to its last consistent state by replaying
the log since the last save point.
All data is in RAM. What happens when power goes down?
• SAP HANA is an in-memory database which means all the data
resides in RAM. But there is also a disc memory just for backup
Need for SAP HANA
• “Big Data” (volume) growing
and challenge for real-time
access to Operational
• Costly for IT to purchase and
maintain hardware to handle
increasing data volumes
• IT not the hero – dissatisfied
• Processing and analysis results
• Data not in real time
Challenges for Business:
• Inadequate access to real-time
• Need to react faster to events
• Need to quickly uncover trends
and patterns by functional
users – empower
• Need to improve business
Why Companies Choose SAP HANA?
• Speed – Manage massive
volumes at high speed
• Agility – Enable real-time
interactions across Value
• Any Data – Gain insights from
structured and unstructured
• Insight – Unlock new insights
with predictive complex
• Applications – Run next-
• Cloud – Step up to next
• Innovation – Deploy ultimate
platform for business
• Simplicity – Manage fewer
layers and landscapes for
• Value – Innovate without
disruption and add value to
• Choice – Work with preferred
partner at every level
SAP HANA Hardware Partners
• SAP HANA is a combination of hardware and software made
to process massive real time data using In-Memory computing.
To leverage the full power of the SAP HANA platform, you
need the right hardware infrastructure.
• The SAP HANA can only be installed and configured by
certified hardware partners.
SAP HANA Landscape
• With the help of technology
like SLT replication, data
can be moved to HANA in
• It is also possible to copy
data from SAP BW or other
database into SAP HANA.
• In HANA, we can use
modeling tool called HANA
Studio to build the logic and
structures and use tools.
Where can we use SAP HANA?
• Aerospace &
• Cross Industry
• High Tech
• Life Sciences
• Mill Products
• Oil & Gas
• Public Sector
• Supply Chain
• Top Functional
Areas of Data
Use Cases for using SAP HANA
• Sales Reporting (CRM):
– Quickly identify top customers and products by
channel – with real-time sales reporting. Improve
order fulfillment rates and accelerate
– Key sales processes at the same time, with instant
analysis of credit memo and billing list
• Financial Reporting (FICO)
– Obtain immediate insights across your business –
into revenue, accounts payable and receivable,
open, and overdue items
– Top general ledger transaction and days sales
outstanding (DSO). Make the right financial
decisions, armed with real-time information
• Shipping Reporting (LE-SHP)
–Rely on real-time shipping reporting for
complete stock overview analysis.
–Assess and optimize stock levels – with accurate
information at one’s fingertips
• Master Data Reporting (Data Governance/MDM)
–Obtain real-time reporting on main master data,
including customer, vendor, and materials lists
for improved productivity and accuracy
Use Cases for using SAP HANA
• Purchasing Reporting (P2P/SRM)
— Gain timely insights into purchase orders, vendors, and the
movement of goods – with real-time purchasing reporting
— Make better purchasing decisions based on a complete
analysis of order history
Key Takeaways about SAP HANA
• Empowers the Organization
– Reduced reliance on IT resources
– Real-time visibility to complete data for
transaction and analytics processing
– Enable a 360 degree view of your business
• Real-Time Analytics for Operational Data
– Go from “what happened yesterday” to real time
– Close to zero latency
– Ability to leverage and analyze large volumes of
• Low Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
– Non-disruptive to existing Enterprise Data
Warehousing (EDW) Strategy
– Low TCO by leveraging the latest technology and
delivery as pre-configured appliance
The Prerequisite to learn SAP HANA
• Database Concepts and basic knowledge of SQL are
• ABAP may help in understanding the Business logic
implementation. It is an advantage, but not mandatory.
• Knowing BW helps you in understanding Modeling concepts.
• BW knowledge is a must if you are going to work on BW on
• BO or Business Objects is the Front end Reporting tool. If
you have knowledge of BO then reporting on HANA would be
a piece of cake for you.
Roles in SAP HANA
1. SAP HANA Business Consultant
2. SAP HANA Performance Consultant
3. SAP HANA Operations Consultant
4. SAP HANA BW Consultant
5. SAP HANA Application Developer
6. SAP HANA Security Consultant
7. SAP HANA Project Manager
8. SAP HANA Modeling Consultant
9. SAP HANA Administrator
Certifications in SAP HANA
• Application: SAP Certified Application
Associate (C_HANAIMP142) 80
Questions, 61 Cut Score
• Technology: SAP Certified Technology
Associate (C_HANATEC142) 80
Questions, 57 Cut Score
• Support: SAP Certified Support Associate
(C_HANASUP_1) 80 Questions, 60 Cut
Duration for all Exams : 180 Mins.
Languages Available : English & Japanese
How to Become a SAP HANA Consultant
• Gain basic knowledge about SAP
• Meet required educational qualifications
• Understand SAP HANA
• Know the prominence of SAP HANA
• Understand the roles played by a SAP HANA consultant
• Get required training and certification
• Start your job search
About Our HANA Trainer
• BO/BODS/HANA 1.0 consultant with rock solid experience in
Delivery/Consulting/Assessment/Support projects with fortune
500 companies and as a Senior Consultant.
• More than 15 years of Consulting & Teaching experience as a
Corporate Trainer in BW versions (BODS 4.X), SAP BO (4.X),
HANA SPS8, SPS9, SPS10).
• With a strong background in training and deep knowledge of
the core subject and techniques on getting certification
successfully completed many batches around the globe.
• Trained over 50 + batches in BODS/BO/HANA and 80% of the
students accomplished in getting jobs in various domains.