• It is clear, colorless and is produced in Scandinavian
countries (Norway, Denmark, and Sweden) since 15th
• It is made by boiling the potato in pressure cooker
than mixed with malted grain, then fermented &
double distilled then rectified with charcoal and
flavored with caraway seed, aniseed, fennel seeds dill
cumin seeds etc.
• The Scandinavian & Germany are true production
centre of aquavit.
• Its alternative name is SCHNAPPS which derived
from old Nordic word “snappen’ meaning to
snatch or seize. It denotes the way it was drunk,
snatch down in one gulp.
• When served on the
rocks, it is termed as
• Best enjoyed straight up
cold, on the rocks,
cocktails, blends well with
fruit juices, soda, ginger
ale & herb liqueurs.
• BRAND NAMES-
Aalborg, Peach country
ARRACK, ARACK (40 to 50% alc. /vol.)
• There are claims that this drink first made
in India around 800B.C.
• Arrack is not really a drink but a generic
name for clear spirit, it is a licorice-
• It is made with molasses/rice alcohol (in
Arab from sap of palm tree) and flavored
• It is clear, colorless and is
produced in the Middle East
(India, Israel, Lebanon, etc.).
• A strong spirit distilled from
rice especially in India and
Indonesia. The name is
sometimes used for 'native'
drinks like Pariah and Batavia.
• It is a neutral grain spirit that is sometimes
flavored with herbs or plants.
• It is clear, colorless and is produced in Germany.
• It is available in peach, apple, strawberry,
figs , etc
• Best enjoyed straight up (from the freezer), in
mixed drinks and cocktails. It blends well with
fruit juices, carbonated drinks and some liqueurs.
• It is a grain spirit that is flavored with
juniper berries and angelica root.
• Geneva gin is different from dry gin in that
it is distilled twice rather than once, in a
• Geneva gin is less aromatic than dry gin
and seems more powerful.
• Best enjoyed straight up,
on the rocks, cocktails
and tall drinks, blends
well with fruit juices, dairy
drinks, fortified wines, fruit
liqueurs and vermouth.
• It is produced in Holland,
Canada and other
countries. It is clear and