• Change from one “form” to another!
• We don’t want a blind transformation
• We want a “guided” transformation
• For a guided transformation
• We need to understand “from” form – our current reality
• We need to be able to define “to” form – ??
Reacting to market is “course correction”,
Transformation outcomes should be
inline with where the market is headed!
Not where the market is today!
Most transformation efforts fail because
they fail to understand the above!
• Buzzwords surround us
• Cloud native
• Hyper automation
• Big data analytics
• Machine learning
• Artificial intelligence
• We wish to accelerate our direction is correct
• We don’t want to accelerate if we are driving off a cliff!
New Market Creation
Uber, Ola, Swiggy, etc.
Expansion of an Existing Market
SaaS, e-Commerce (E-Bay) etc.
Happens through two processes
True transformation is always at system level!
A few pointers
• Is your company’s strategy redefined by digital?
• Are you trying to create a new market, or are you expanding an
• Are your core functions digitally equipped?
• Are your enabling functions digitally equipped?