Organizational objectives and individual objectives
Organizational objectives and
• These are the
– Goals of an individual organizations which are
established through administrative processes.
• The Mission states the organization’s values,
aspirations, and reason for existence.
• The Mission Statement is the basis for all
following goals and plans.
• Without a clear mission, goals and plans may
be developed haphazardly causing the
organization to fail.
• It comprises of
– Organization’s long term plans
– Short term plans
– Administrative philosophy
Goals and Plans
Goals: specify future ends. Desired
Plans: specify the means to future ends.
“The blueprint for goal achievement…
specifies the necessary resource
allocations, schedules, tasks…”
Strategic Goals and Plans
• Strategic Goals pertain to the entire
organization (not specific divisions and
• Strategic Plans define the action steps the
company will use to attain strategic goals.
Characteristics of objectives
• S- specific
– Clear and easy to understand
• M- measurable
• A- acheivable
• R- realistic
• T- time bound
Some important organizational goals
• Profit maximization
• Increase market share
• Corporate growth
• Survival in the dynamic market
• Corporate social responsibility taken up
• Maximizing benefits to consumers
Importance of clear objectives
• To control and set business boundaries
• Enhances motivational level of employee
• Provides direction and focus for organization
• Gives business a sense of direction
• Acts as a base for decision making
• Encourages strategic thinking for business
• Foundation for measuring performance