1. How to Use GitHub for first time
This documentation will explain how to use Github on your Daily work, what is GitHub? GitHub is a Git
repository hosting service, but it adds many of its own features. While Git is a command line
tool, GitHub provides a Web-based graphical interface. It also provides access control and several
collaboration features, such as a wikis and basic task management tools for every project.
GitHub Benefits: -
• Issue tracking
• Pull requests with code review and comments
• Commits history
• Email notifications
• Security Alerts of known Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures in different packages
How to Use GitHub?
• Create account using your e-mail from here.
• Once you press signup, new windows will be opened , fill the information depends on your
2. How to Use GitHub for first time
• Once you are done verify the e-mail, GitHub will send a confirmation e-mail.
• Sign to GitHub like the following: -
• Another installation should be done, which is GitHub Desktop, this will allow you to manage
your repository without access the web.
• Press on the Link, and follow the picture below
3. How to Use GitHub for first time
• Once the download is done, start the installation and finish it, the desktop application will be
opened, sign in using the same information in the step #1
• The Desktop application now installed, to start using the application, you have to choose
location which will be Repository location for cloning, uploading and download the codes.
• Local location where my Repository is installed
4. How to Use GitHub for first time
• Moving between my repository
• As an example, I will change file on Infrastructure repo, first you have to move and make sure
you are under Infrastructure repo. Go to your local location and add any file, I created file called
test.txt, Github Desktop will automatically detect the change, press on commit to master (In
case you want to change on the Same Repo if don’t you can create Branch).
5. How to Use GitHub for first time
• Once you press the key, Press Push Origin. And the file we will uploaded to Repo where every
one will see it.
6. How to Use GitHub for first time
• Create new Branch (essentially an independent line of development. You can take advantage of
branching when working on new features or bug fixes because it isolates your work from that of
other team members) in case change will effect on the master and then create pull request so
everyone will be able to see it.
Now the Git is all set to use read the documentation from here.