Business Think by Dave Marcum, Steve Smith and Maham Khalsa.
Are You Ready to Accept
• Our personal way of dealing with reality and
the surrounding environment.
• Changes of behaviour and attitudes generate
• Changes of old paradigms make big changes.
• Inside out changes.
• Private & public victories give us security,
courage and humility.
How Can We Adapt to Reality?
Anwart Sadat once said that if we can’t change
the tissue of our own thinking, we will never be
able to change the reality, and therefore, we
won’t ever make progress.
What kind of thinking do we need today when
there are so many challenges?
Speed, technology, innovation, information,
uncertainty, globalization, etc.
Learning To Cope With
Covey’s opinion about bringing change to our lives
Moving away from old ways of
Taking correct decisions based
on firm principles.
Freedom of choice
Adopting new solutions by
changing the way we see
problems and opportunities.
Is Change Possible at Work?
• Workers of knowledge.
• Mind, body, heart and spirit.
• Free minds and hearts to increase creativity and
• Develop people’s potential and autonomy.
• Treat people as whole
• Bring meaning to people’s
• Balance logic and pragmatism
with intuition and idealism.
How Can We Build Up
Decisions making process.
Effective Managers – Effective
Combine mental discipline with intuition.
Deepen meanings and contexts.
• Create human
• Model for others.
What Does businessThink
• Autonomy for criteria, methods and
• Critical thinking development.
• Emotional intelligence for interpersonal
relationships and problem solving
• Principle centered leadership.
• Dealing with change.
• Building up fair work environments.
Basic Principles Of businessThink
Get rid of your ego at the door.
Move away from the solution.
Calculate the impact.
Explore the riple effect.
Slow speed before warning signals.
Look for the origin of problems.
Are These Principles Applicable
to Educational Environments?
Delegation of responsabilities.
• The human mind is the bing bang of a
• Discipline, creativity and
systemic thinking produce
• Correlation between ideas
• Fear, ego, mental laziness
and bad communication habits are dangerous.
• Excellence lies in everyone of us.
• Contribute and the world will contribute too.
Thanks for your attention
María del Carmen Boloña