JILL M. ARTHUR, MBA, BSN, RN-CNOR
4286 Cuesta Drive, Irving, TX 75038
(817) 614-0471 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Master of Business Administration Bachelor of Science in Nursing
University of Colorado, Denver Northeast Louisiana University, Monroe,
Louisiana (Now ULM, University of Louisiana at Monroe)
Graduated Cum Laude with BSN in Nursing
Masters of Business Administration
17 years as an RN
10 years of Surgical Services Experience
4 years as Systems Analyst/ 1 year as Business Analyst
2 years as Clinical Systems Consultant
Proficient in WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint, Outlook
Advanced user of Meditech, HOST, SMART, and HPF
Plaza Medical Center, Fort Worth, Texas
November 2013 to present
OR Business Analyst:
• Responsible for increasing profitability of surgical services department by performing daily audits
and analysis of surgical records for proper charging of OR times, supplies and implants per surgical
• Leverage technology and IT related systems to optimize revenue integrity, improve patient care, and
reduce costs by utilizing multiple supply and accounting systems to research and reconcile
procedure, supply, and implant charges. Perform periodic chart audits for pertinent, meaningful use
requirements; educate nursing staff on issues related to their documentation; offer continual
assistance and helpful hints to create ease of documentation for the frontline nursing staff taking
care of patients.
• Responsible for increasing efficiency of surgical services department by conducting decision-making
support analyses, collecting data and creating custom reports that are distributed to leadership as
well as C-level administration; provide monthly statistical data such OR Volume, Robotic, Bariatric,
Orthopedic and Open Heart Volume with case breakdown/specifics.
• Coordinate the integration of OR systems with internal and external systems: we are currently in the
middle of integrating a new OR tracker for our Pre-op, Holding, Intra-op and PACU areas that will
communicate with our Meditech documentation; contributed to the integration of tissue tracker to
• Function as a liaison to other hospital department heads including: Finance, Supply Chain, Infection
Control, Risk Management, IT&S, HIMS, Admitting, Education and Scheduling.
• Responsible for planning and coordinating the installation of periodic Meditech upgrades as well as
ensuring all nursing staff have been adequately informed of downtimes and educated on the new
changes to the Meditech EMR.
• Responsible for contributing to policy/procedure review and revision along side fellow surgical
• Provide and monitor Meditech EMR OR Module access for each surgical services employee, including
surgeons and anesthesia providers.
• Responsible for maintaining multiple Meditech OR Module dictionaries: staff access and mnemonics;
surgeons privileges and access to certain procedures; and ancillary staff access and mnemonics
• Utilize expertise in nursing by providing consultation, education and mentoring for direct care
nurses in the OR, CVOR, PACU, Day Surgery and Endoscopy. Provide formal and informal education
for nurses and other healthcare professionals, via presentations, hands on skills fairs, and in-
• Design and evaluate programs and initiatives that are congruent with the organization’s strategic
plans through collaboration with the hospital education department; aide in preparation of hospital
specialty certifications; work closely with quality, risk management and infection control to remain
compliant with The Joint Commission; and continually review the 2016 AORN Guidelines in order to
remain knowledgeable and compliant with specialty’s guiding principles.
• Serve as the point person and mentor for our bi-annual, six month OR nursing internship program
where the new nurses complete didactic as well clinical portions to become fully trained Operating
• Co-authored a kidney transplant guide; integral part of launching a brand new Robotics program,
which included selection and education of a dedicated robotic team.
• Responsible for the onboarding and orientation of 15 new employees to the OR at one time to launch
a ground up neuro program with 5 new neurosurgeons.
Anthelio Healthcare Solutions, Dallas, Texas
September 2011 – July 2013
EMR Clinical Consultant/Application Analyst
• Electronic Medical Record specialist providing expertise and support through out entire EMR
implementation life cycle; including but not limited to: initial assessment with client,
build/configuration, testing, training of physicians and nurses, supporting Go Live and post Go Live.
• Developed sales collateral and education materials for customers.
Medical Center of Arlington, Arlington, Texas
March 2009 – September 2011
Perioperative Services Manager:
• Assisted in the construction, design, purchasing and staffing of a brand new pre and post-operative
day surgery and endoscopy area.
• Successfully oversaw 40 personnel: nurses, techs, patient care aides, and unit secretaries from Pre-
Admission Testing (PAT), Day Surgery, PACU, and Endoscopy.
• Maintained staffing schedules with consideration for personal time off, high volume and low volume
• Exercised judgment within the guidelines of the medical plan of care, department policies, and the
nursing license practice act.
• Responsible for interviewing new hire candidates, performing any needed disciplinary actions and
performance improvement plans.
• Created and assisted with the development and implementation of hospital policies and
departmental procedures such as obtaining procedural consent and improvement of through put of
not only surgical and endoscopy patients, but also cath lab and radiology patients.
• Performed weekly and monthly budgeting along with OR director to ensure efficient staffing for
volume, review and prioritize needed capital and non-capital purchases for my units.
Surgical Services Clinical Systems Analyst:
• Responsible for the maintenance of OR Module dictionaries, accesses, downtimes and upgrades of
our electronic health record system Meditech.
• Reviewed and analyzed daily surgical and endoscopy supply and implant charges to ensure proper
documentation and billing for our patients as well as our revenue integrity department, ultimately
ensuring the accuracy of profitability for our surgical services department and hospital.
• Maintained working knowledge of several IT related systems that were part of the supply chain
/revenue cycle process: SMART, HPF, HOST, VIRA and CDM process.
• Worked closely with other hospital departments including, but not limited to Finance, Supply Chain,
Admitting, Infection Control, Risk Management, IT&S, and HIMS to ensure strong communication
and accurate patient billing.
• Responsible for planning and coordinating the installation of Meditech EHR upgrades, updates and
educating the nursing staff in all surgical services units.
Operating Room Nurse:
• Performed operating room nursing/circulating functions such as: interviewing, positioning,
prepping the surgical patient; supporting induction of anesthesia; anticipating surgeon’s and
surgical team’s needs before and during the procedures; ensuring safe transportation of the patient
and accurate reporting to PACU or critical care units.
• Circulating experience includes the following specialties of surgical procedures: general, bariatric,
orthopedic, neuro, GYN, urology, vascular, plastics, and dental.