"The challenge isn't just to be fast enough", says Global Graphics' chief technology officer, Martin Bailey. "The real challenge is to achieve that goal without incurring an uneconomically high cost for the bill of materials to build the Digital Front End."
* Digital Front Ends (DFE) Face Rapidly Increasing Data Processing Requirements as Print Jobs become More Complex
- Increased Use of Transparency
- Need for Increased Variable Data Coverage
* Race for Speed is On-going Competitive Challenge
- DFE Must Process Data Quickly Enough to Drive Press at Full Rated Speed
- Press Manufacturers want to Minimize DFE Costs Vs. Cost of Press
- Must Respond to Market Needs & Opportunities: Photobooks, Personalized Marketing Materials, etc.
* The Holy Trinity
- Speed, Quality & Reliability
* Once the Hardware is Optimized - What Then?
This presentation was delivered to the IMI 19th Ink Jet Printing conference on 9 November 2011.