Project: Ontology based context
aware content management (ESR12)
• The aim of the research is to develop content management solutions that
make use of semantic technologies to provide online content
recommendation services for individual learning and/or personalized
learning material acquisition.
• This project wants to facilitate the acquisition and use of knowledge, by
providing an ontology supported content management system that can
identify and address users’ (learners’) needs.
– ontology development
– creation of an ontology-based interface for information retrieval that
automatically and periodically retrieves learning materials from several open
educational content repositories
– development of advanced search modalities, taking into account the user
profile and learning content granularity.
– development of a web interface that allows for the automatic storage of all
Project: Employment Data Management by
Matching Job roles to Educational
Competencies (ESR 13)
• Multidimensional analysis of the labour markets’
demand compared to the supply provided by the
formal, informal and non-formal education/training
• Automated tool for finding, screening and pooling
occupational data, outputs of different types of
educational data, and lists of matching and/or
mismatching of educational categories and job roles,
including occupations, competencies and work tasks.
– Information retreival solutions
– Cloud computing (Use of Public Cloud, Hybrid Cloud)