Head of Year: Mr D Parfitt
Assistant Head of Year: Miss S Daly
• 8C Mr Mountford
• 8H Miss Hibbs
• 8E Miss Ilderton
• 8W Miss Bloxham
• 8V Mrs Cammish
• 8A Mrs Pope
• 8L Mrs O’Callaghan
• First point of contact/support.
• Rounded picture of pupil
• Communication – diaries/email.
• Three tutor periods per week
that focus on reading, reflective
learning and quizzes!
• To provide pupils with the relevant skills to achieve their highest
attainment in future GCSE courses
• Pupils to become responsible and ‘well rounded’ citizens.
• To have aspirations throughout and beyond school, and to work hard
to achieve them
• Mrs Rowlands – Deputy Head
• Mrs Taylor – Home/School Liaison
• Megan Harris – Pastoral Support
• Mrs Newell – Behaviour Manager
• Mr Dave Kenny - SENCO
• Literacy and numeracy intervention
• Outside agencies
• Provide specialist intervention
beyond the role of the tutor
• Communication between
tutor/head of year/pupil and
Year 8 Mentoring Support
• Subject specific support in English and Maths
• 1:1 mentoring support with tutors based on the latest and
subsequent reporting points.
• HOY mentoring for students who are concerns with regard to
• Be prepared to learn!
• Make up and Jewellery
• Green Slips / commendations/postcards home
• Lunch passes
• House point cup
Extra-curricular @ Chew valley
• The school offers a wide range of extra-curricular activities before,
during and after school.
• For a timetable of these activities please take a look at the school
Success starts at home!
How parents can help
• Insight Portal
• School website
• Calendar dates
• Reinforce expectations
• Support the school
Every Tuesday – 3.45pm to 5.30pm
But, I don’t have any homework set!
Continuing with coursework or assessment tasks that have been set previously
Check Bitesize/past papers/SAM Learning/ Revision sites
Tidy and organise
Read around. Read extra articles, research, information about work that interests you or that you need to
know more about.
Research jobs and courses, know what qualifications you need to follow your dreams.
Proactive rather than reactive!