• “Some Rights Reserved”; Other rights to use the work are
granted to the public with a license.
• The license is worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, and
perpetual (for the duration of the copyright of the work).
• The licensor makes clear what work is licensed and under
what license. A licensee is any person who agrees to the
license, and uses the work.
• Works created and used by multiple members;
• Fluid in the member composition; indefinite in the
time span of a member’s participation;
• Materials are contributed by the collaborators
and/or taken from other sources;
• The joint output is of social or utilitarian value.