GOVT. M.A.M P.G COLLEGE
JAMMU
SEMINAR PREENTATION ON
WIPRO LTD.
BY PANKAJ DABGOTRA
B.B.A -1
ROLL NO. 2
AZIZ PREMJI(CHAIRMAN,WIPRO
LTD.)
Wipro:
Industry
Type
Founded

IT services,IT
consulting
Public company
Amalner,Maharashtra

Headquarters

Bangalore, Karna...
CONTENTS :

INTRODUCTION
HISTORY
WIPRO BPO
WIPRO DIVISONS
AWARDS AND HONORS
SHAREHOLDING
Introduction :Wipro Limited ( formerly western
India Products )Limited is an IT services,
consulting & outsourcing company...
History :Wipro was initially set up as a
vegetable oil manufacturer in 1945 in Amalner,
Maharashtra
Company was establishe...
Wipro BPO
Founded in 2002,wipro BPO has
operations in
Delhi, Pune, Kolkata, Chennai, Mumbai, Hyderaba
d, Navi-Mumbai, Grea...
WIPRO DIVISONS :
1. Wipro Consumer Care & Lighting :Business unit of Wipro Limited & estab.
in 1945.

first product to be ...
Wipro Infrastructure Engineering :WIE is the hydraullics business
divison of wipro.
Manufactures hydraulics cylinders,
tru...
Wipro GE Medical Systems :It is the joint venture between
Wipro LTD. & Genaral Electric (GE) Health
Care.
Awards & Honors :Ranked second in the New York 2012
Global 500 Green companies.
Recognized as World’s Most Ethical
Company...
Shareholding
On 30 sep. 2012, 73.51% of
equity shares were owned by the
promoters: Aziz Premji, his family
members, partne...
2
2
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

2

226
-1

Published on

0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total Views
226
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
0
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
6
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

2

  1. 1. GOVT. M.A.M P.G COLLEGE JAMMU SEMINAR PREENTATION ON WIPRO LTD. BY PANKAJ DABGOTRA B.B.A -1 ROLL NO. 2
  2. 2. AZIZ PREMJI(CHAIRMAN,WIPRO LTD.)
  3. 3. Wipro: Industry Type Founded IT services,IT consulting Public company Amalner,Maharashtra Headquarters Bangalore, Karnataka Area served Worldwide Key people Aziz Premji (chairman) T K Kurien (CEO) Revenue INR 374 billion (US $6.87 billion) 201213 Profit INR 67 billion ( US $ 1.22 billion) 2012-13 Employees 147,216 (sep. 2013 ) Website www.wipro.com
  4. 4. CONTENTS : INTRODUCTION HISTORY WIPRO BPO WIPRO DIVISONS AWARDS AND HONORS SHAREHOLDING
  5. 5. Introduction :Wipro Limited ( formerly western India Products )Limited is an IT services, consulting & outsourcing company. Headquartered in Bangalore, Karnataka, India. Third largest IT services company in India. Provides outsourced,research & development,business process outsourcing (BPO) & business consulting services.
  6. 6. History :Wipro was initially set up as a vegetable oil manufacturer in 1945 in Amalner, Maharashtra Company was established in 1980 as a subsidiary of wipro limited listed on the New York Stock Exchange. During 1970s & 1980s, the company shifted its focus & began to look into business opportunities in the IT & computing industry which was at nascent stages in India
  7. 7. Wipro BPO Founded in 2002,wipro BPO has operations in Delhi, Pune, Kolkata, Chennai, Mumbai, Hyderaba d, Navi-Mumbai, GreaterNoida, Mysore & Kochi in India. Also office in Shanghai in Asia, Brazil & Poland. Employ over 22,000 of whom 8,150 are in Hyderabad campus.
  8. 8. WIPRO DIVISONS : 1. Wipro Consumer Care & Lighting :Business unit of Wipro Limited & estab. in 1945. first product to be produced by WCCLG was veg. oil which later popularised under the brand name Sunflower Vanaspati. It offers personal care products such as Wipro Baby Soft & Wipro safewash, toilet soaps like Santoor and Chandrika as well as
  9. 9. Wipro Infrastructure Engineering :WIE is the hydraullics business divison of wipro. Manufactures hydraulics cylinders, truck cylinders & their components. WIE is the second largest independent manufacturer of cylinders in the world.
  10. 10. Wipro GE Medical Systems :It is the joint venture between Wipro LTD. & Genaral Electric (GE) Health Care.
  11. 11. Awards & Honors :Ranked second in the New York 2012 Global 500 Green companies. Recognized as World’s Most Ethical Company in 2013, by the Ethisphere Institute. NASSCOM Corporate award for Excellence in Diversity & Inclusion. Award for Excellence in Financial Reporting from Institute of Chartered Accountants of India in 2013.
  12. 12. Shareholding On 30 sep. 2012, 73.51% of equity shares were owned by the promoters: Aziz Premji, his family members, partnership firms & trusts formed by himhis family. Remaining 26.49% share are owned by others.
  1. A particular slide catching your eye?

    Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.

×