• Hero Motors Ltd. is the world's largest manufacturer of
two wheelers, based in India.
• The company was a joint venture between India's Hero
Group and Honda Motor Company, Japan that began in
1984 later in 2011 it turn into Hero Motors Limited.
• In 2001, the company achieved the coveted position of
being the largest two-wheeler manufacturing company in
India and the “World No.1” two-wheeler company in terms
of unit volume sales in a calendar year by a single
company. Hero has retained that coveted position till date.
• Today, every second motorcycle sold in the country is a
Hero Honda bike. Every 30 seconds, someone in India
buys Hero Splendor which is India’s selling motor cycle.
Mobile and an empowered india, powered by its bikes.
To become a global enterprise fulfilling its customers'
needs and aspirations for mobility, setting benchmarks in
technology, styling and quality so that it converts its
customers into its brand advocates.
Two wheelers are manufactured across three globally
Chairman of Hero Motocorp, Dr.
Brijmohan Lall Munjal said -
“ We must do something for the
community from whose land we
generate our wealth.”
Ride Safe India
CSR Policies of Hero Motocorp
A 360 degree initiative on
making Indian Roads safer to
drastically reduce fatalities.
An effort to specifically empower the
women of tomorrow.
Aims at bringing change in our
environment for, literally, making
our world a happy place to live in.
E2 – Educate to Empower
Education is the basis of
empowerment – not only for the
individual but the society &
economy at large.
1. Green Technology
• introduction of Acrylic Cathodic Electro Deposition
(ACED) painting process ( water soluble paint)
• developed primer from waste paint sludge
2. Safe Manufacturing
• Has stopped using harmful chemicals such as
Asbestos, Hexavalent Chromium, Phenolic
3. Rain Water Harvesting
• Has implemented Rooftop Harvesting, Storm water
Harvesting & Open area Harvesting
4. Conserving Energy and Green IT
• Heat recovery unit installed in the incinerator
• Use of tfts in place of crts for displays
• Reduction of printers, use of video conferencing
• Replacing old inefficient equipment
• Usage of e-learning to reduce trainee or trainer
• Converting our paper based customer loyalty
program to an online card based program
• Using e-fund transfer, cutting down on printing of
• Digitization of workflows needing approvals, e-fax ,
5. The Green Supply Chain
• Has started “Green Vendor Development
Program” for the front end and a “Green Dealer
Development Program” for the back end of the
supply chain where partners' are expected to
manage their environment involving material
resources, industrial wastes, energy resource,
6. Stakeholder Ties at the Grassroots
• Rural development centre has been set up on 40
acres of land along the delhi-jaipur highway
• With wide approach roads, clean water and
education facilities for both adults and children-now
nurtures a vibrant, educated and healthy community
• Raman Munjal Vidya Mandir
• Raman Munjal Memorial Hospital
• Raman Munjal Sports Complex
• Adult Literacy Mission
• Marriages Of Underprivileged Girls
• Rural Health Care
• Vocational Training Centre
• Safe Ride Program
Governance will become the key to sustainability in
business. At the end of the day, building a large
corporation is easy but building one of the most
respected corporations in the world and sustaining it
over many years is a big challenge. Only those
companies that were built on a platform of strong
corporate governance will earn respect from its
stakeholders and enjoy a more sustainable growth.
Hero Motocorp is one of them. CSR Policy of Hero
Motocorp is just awesome. Still I want to give some
Use social media