• The company was incorporated on December
29, 1945, in Mumbai by Mohamed Hasham
Premji as Western India Vegetables Products
Limited, later abbreviated to Wipro.
• It was initially set up as a manufacturer of
vegetable ghee,vanapati and refined oils in
Amalner, Jalgaon, Maharashtra, under the trade
names of Kisan, Sunflower and Camel.
• In 1966, after Mohamed Premji’s death, his
son Azim Premji returned home from Stanford
university and took over Wipro as its chairman
at the age of 21.
• 1945 - Incorporation as Western India Products
• 1947 - Establishment of an oil mill at Amalner,
• 1960 - Manufacture of laundry soap 787 at
• 1975 - Diversification into engineering and
manufacture of hydraulic cylinders as WINTROL
(now called Wipro Fluid Power) division in
• 1977 - Name of the Company changed to Wipro
• 1980 - Diversification into Information
• This is the time the top IT Managers Sridhar
Mitta, Dr. Laxman Rao, Venkatesh, Sadasivam
quit in one stoke from the IT division of giant
public sector ECIL, Hyderabad to join Wipro.
• 1982 - Name was changed from Wipro
Products Limited to Wipro Limited.
• 1988 - Crossed the $10 million mark in
• 1989 – Set up of Wipro-GE medical systems.
• 1990 – Launch of santoor talcum powder and
wipro baby soft.
• 1992 - Going global with global IT services
• 1993 - Premji established Azim Premji
Foundation, a not-for-profit organization for
• 1994 - Wipro Infotech and Wipro Systems were
amalgamated with Wipro.
• 1999 - Wipro became a more profitable,
diversified corporation with new products such
as the Wipro Super Genius personal computers
• 2000 - Got listed in NYSE.
• 2002 - Wipro became the first software
technology and services company in India.
• In the same year, launch of CFL, under brand
name “wipro smartlite”.
• Wipro also entered into an exclusive
agreement with the owners of Chandrika for
marketing of their soap in select states in
• As of June 2013, wipro has Approx.148,000
Employees serving 900 Clients with a
presence in 57 countries.
WIPRO GROUP OF COMPANIES
• Wipro Limited is a global provider of comprehensive IT
solutions and services, including Systems Integration,
Consulting, Information Systems outsourcing, IT-enabled
services, and R&D services.
• It is also a value added reseller of desktops, servers,
notebooks, storage products, networking solutions and
packaged software for international brands.
• IT revenues stood at $ 6.2 billion for the year ended
March 31, 2013, with a repeat business ratio of over 95%.
• The business model at Wipro Technologies Ltd is an
industry aligned customer facing model which gives
greater understanding of customers’ businesses to build
industry specific solutions.
WIPRO ENTERPRISES LTD.
WIPRO CONSUMER CARE & LIGHTING
• Wipro Consumer Care and Lighting (WCCLG), a business unit
of Wipro Limited operates in the FMCG segment offering a
wide range of consumable commodities.
• The first product to be introduced by WCCLG was vegetable
oil, later popularized under the brand name "Sunflower
• It offers personal care products, such as Wipro Baby Soft and
Wipro Safe wash, soaps like Santoor and Chandrika as well as
international brands like Yardley.
• Its portfolio of lighting solutions includes products like
Smartlite CFL, LED, emergency lights and more.
• Through its customer-centric products, Wipro Consumer Care
and Lighting has become a fast growing company in the FMCG
WIPRO INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEERING
• Wipro Infrastructure Engineering is the
hydraulics business division of Wipro Limited and
has been in the business of manufacturing
hydraulic cylinders, truck cylinders, and their
components and solutions since 1976.
• This division delivers hydraulic cylinders to
international OEMs and represents the Kawasaki,
Sun Hydraulics and Teijin Seiki range of hydraulic
products in India.
• It has entered into partnerships with companies
like Kawasaki and aerospace giant EADS.
• It is the second manufacturer of Cylinders in the
WIPRO GE MEDICAL SYSTEM LIMITED
• Wipro GE Medical Systems Limited is Wipro’s
joint venture with GE Healthcare South Asia.
• It is engaged in the research and development of
advanced solutions to cater to patient and
customer needs in healthcare.
• This partnership, which began in 1990, today
includes offerings like gadgets and equipment for
diagnostics, healthcare IT solutions and services
to help healthcare professionals cancer, heart
disease, and other ailments.
IT & ITES
VISION & MISSION
• The vision of Wipro includes being a leader in
areas of business, customer and people.
• The company aims to be among the best IT
company in India and the world.
• Its goals also include being the first choice
among customers and employees.
• To be RF system solution provider, through its
innovative Research & Design works for a new
world of Broadband Wireless Communications.
COMPANY HEAD QUARTERS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Suresh c .Senapaty
&Joint CEO IT Business
& Joint CEO IT Business
Consumer Care & lighting
• Wipro become the first Indian IT service provider to
be awarded gold level status in Microsoft’s windows
embedded partner program.
• IT Outsourcing Project of the Year 2011 award for
innovation and achievement in outsourcing industry.
• NASSCOM Corporate Award for Excellence in
Diversity and Inclusion.
• National Telecom Award for Excellence in
Infrastructure for Application Services.
• BPO Excellence Award for Outstanding Work in
Utilities Company in UK.
• World’s largest independent R&D Service
• World’s 1st PCMM Level 5 software
• World’s 1st IT Service company to use Six
• 1st to get BS 15000 Certification for its
Global Command Center.
• Among the top 3 offshore BPO service
providers in the world .
• 1st company in the world to be certified in
BS 7799 security standards.
Trust / Foundation for CSR Wipro Cares
2. Community Welfare
3. Disaster Relief
5. Employee Welfare
9. Poverty Eradication
10. Rural Development
11. Vocational Training
Comparison with competitors
------------------- in Rs. Cr. ------------------Wipro
Tech Mahindra HCL Tech
Depreciation On Revaluation Of Assets
Earnings Per Share
4P’S OF MARKETING:
To satisfy the needs and wants of the target market.
To make the product conveniently available to the target consistent
with their purchasing pattern.
To make the product affordable to the target market and reflect the
value of benefits provided.
To build and improve customer demand. promotions has 4
components called promotion mix as follows :
• Public Relations
• Sales promotions
•Multi domestic market
•Research and Development
•Low cost advantage
•Not a proactive company
•Small player in global market
•Huge global market
•Huge potential in domestic
•Competition by Indian
companies in domestic market
•Presence of big companies in