Shamik bhose profile as director of commodity & currency
Shamik Bhose is currently Executive Director of Commodity, Currency and Interest rate
futures markets for Microsec Group based in Calcutta : A senior member amongst the
commodity futures and international commodities trade industry - Shamik has served as
a Senior Trader and in very senior Managerial positions with major trading houses and
e-trading ventures : A Master in Economics with over 24 years of working experience ;
Job Objective Senior and strategic level assignment with emphasis on Commodity &
financials(FICC) trading, broking & futures:
Associated fund management, strategy & policy development, market research & situation
The area’s of focus comprehensive understanding are International & domestic money, currencies
and commodities market (FICC) along
with its associated areas of interest : cyclicals, shipping and logistics, Trade & finance and
insurance for Metals Precious & Base,
Mineral &Energy resources( Petroleum products, coal, ores), agri-business and grains & new
sectors like Carbon credits and
Summary of Skills and Experiences Over 20 years of experience in all aspects of financials and
Commodity markets, strategy, risk,
Development cash trade & hedging needs at LME/COMEX/LCE/NYBOT – former CSCE and
the Singapore OIL product SWAP markets,
local future market, Coffee future’s market < as a founding member of COFEI at Bangalore>
• Developing client base across India and Associates /Franchisees
• Identifying new corporate clients and personnel
• Branching out to structured distribution joint ventures with diversified Principals.
• Developing a capital market hedge fund and commodity investment fund for derivatives
in Indian commodity futures exchanges
I have been a nominee member for Adani Enterprises at world trade bodies like
GAFTA and FOSFA-Indian trade bodies like IOPEA and Bombay Oils & Oilseeds
Exchange, a founding committee member of COFEI (Coffee Futures Exchange of
India- Bangalore) and a speaker panelist in conferences organized by FMC,
ASSOCHAM and Indian Chamber of Commerce on development of the Commodity
Futures market and Warehouse Receipt Finance in India. I was involved with FMC in
1998 when it first prepared itself to be a proactive leader in the then banned yet much
relevant fields of commodity futures markets in India.
I have been an Adviser of MCX, Balrampur Chini mills, Octagon Trade Finance of
New York, Capstan Shipping and a Product Committee member of NCDEX and has
been a regular speaker on CNBC- CNBC-Awaaz and UTVI, ZEE biz news on
Shamik can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org and his profile seen in linkedin
or Rediffconnexions : Type Shamik Bhose for a google search
Currently Exec.Director of, Microsec Commerze Ltd- Worked as Advisor to Balrampur Chini Mills ;
Advisor to MCX on development issues at the exchange
Product committee Invitee : NCDEX- energy committee: MCX – New Commodity Contract design &
Other Distinctions, associations relevant to the Work Profile
• Speaker & Panelist with Assocham, ICC on commodity & Futures conferences 2005-2006
• Regular speaker with CNBC and ZEE Biz News on Markets
• Invited as a Consultant to the Ministry of Agriculture for Trade recipt Markets and Warehouse
• Founder Committee Member for the Coffee Futures Exchange of India, Bangalore.
• Invited to join committee of Gafta, London.
• Wrote on commodity Market, Business Information and Trade Update in the Economic Times,
Ridder –Bridge News since ’96.
• Contributor to UNCTAD Book for Lyon Partner's Summit.
• Invitee for FICCI - Foreign trade committee in 1998.
• Guest Faculty to MANAGE, course at National Agriculture Studies Institute, Hyderabad in ‘99.
• Visited IIM, Ahmedabad for Guest Lectures in Commodity Infrastructure & collateralised
• Speaker & Panelist at The Ministry of Food, Forward Markets Commission, Commodity
Conference in 1998, COFEI Annual conference in 2000 and Coffee Board Seminar,’97.
• Former Member of GAFTA & FOSFA.
• Nominee member of Bombay Oils & Seeds Exchange, Indian Oil Producers & Exporters
Association<IOPEA>, Trade member at COFEI.
Detailed Organisational Experience covering last 3 assignments from 1995 till date
From June’94 to Jan’’00 with Adani Exports Ltd. as Sr. Trader & General Manager
The Company is India’s largest trading house with infrastructure-ports, ships, warehousing
investments viz.Gujurat Adani Port Ltd, Mundra and manufacturing alliances in oil
crushing/refining-Adani Wilmar , textiles, salt works etc.
• New market identification for commodity exports and imports.
• Handling Corporate Affairs involving representations of the Company in all negotiations with
the Govt. or
• Enhancing financial support facilities to enlarge portfolio viz. in Coal, Kerosene, Fuel Oil,
• Physical spot cash trading and futures trading in coffee, sugar, copper, castor, wheat, rice, Pol
with special emphasis on futures trading & hedging.
• Started individually or jointly 6 commodity lines of :
Plantation softs – coffee/sugar, Spices – Jeera (cumin-seed)
Grains – wheat/rice/pulses, Vegetables - Potato
Petroleum – kerosene/fuel oil
Minerals – coal
Industrial agro – castor oils
Minor oilseeds- sesame etc.
Nominated by Adani as a principal member at GAFTA & FOSFA, London and represented Adani
IOPEA, FMC, FICCI & as a founding member of the Coffee Futures Exchange in Bangalore.
From Jan’ 2000 to Jan’2004 with Commodityworldtrade.com as Director - Development & Strategy.
The Company, is a start-up portal focussed on creating a market place for agro products,
industrials and mineral resources along with an online brokerage for both commodities and its
after trade support services like shipping, rail, insurance, storage etc with affiliated partners.
Amongst partners and service providers were KPMG and Dun & Bradstreet, Knight-Ridder etc.
• Responsible for formulating strategies and market identification as Founder Member.
• In depth planning for expansion of Business with the aid of Consultants and Financers.
• Preparation of Contracts and Customer support.
• Creating a pool of International Trading and Shipping Community to form an e-group of
trading organisations engaged in exports and imports from India.
• Formulating online credit risk review for commodity community with Duns and creating real
time specialist content for commodities from all over the world.
Developed a B2B e-commerce project: www.commodityworldtrade.com
• As an advisor on strategy, handled content development, market making and structuring of the
company for the portal dealing in commodities.
• Responsible for working with KPMG, Archer Daniels, Tata Infotech to create the Business plan
and a vertical Business model dealing in commodity trade for India - International and local.
• The Business plan incorporated Shipping and Land logistics, Port Services, Insurance & trade
finance, as essential strategic capsules within the overall model.
• Consultant and Nominee member to several agencies and Ministries for advisory and panelist
• Excellent contacts and detailed working knowledge within trade, Industry and Government
and also in
International Commodity Markets
Current CTC ; about 32 lacs per annum including Variables, Perks, Reimbursements & Branding
promotion fees excluding ESOPS ; [ approx 27 lacs gross annual package + benifits and
perks]expected 20%-25% plus & < including signing on bonus for loss of allotted & Expected
ESOPS> ; Minimum notice period 60-90 days to be given to MCL from date of signing the contract
• M.A. (Economics) from Calcutta University in 1988.
Date of Birth: 8th June1963.