In 2013, Swisscom and Samsung joined forces to launch the
Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone
The task was to create a buzz around the new
device and leverage earned media to reach
• Brand/Product: “Galaxy S4”
• Background/Overview: Founded in 1969, in South Korea. Category leader
• Target audience: People aged between 20 to 50 years old.
• Message: Show that the new product is not only superior in its technology
features but is also a unique and diverting tool.
Makes life more enjoyable
• Tone & Style: New and original, raises attention and curiosity, entertain the
• Marketing Purpose:
- To inform of Galaxy S4 new features.
- Stay top of mind
- Making the buzz.
• Media: Banners, microsite and especially YouTube reaching millions of
• Legal & Mandatories: Almost no speaking and only using the participants’
Top of mind recall
“Creates the buzz”
Surprise and creativity
Simple and easily conveyed message
• 4,1 million views, 19,582 likes and 136,180 shares on YouTube
• 151 000 interactions on the microsite
• 1,5 million views of the event live stream
• Over 12 Million AdImpressions in Switzerland
• 1 in every 3 Swiss people reached.
• Ranked #5 on the Global Viral Video Chart 2013 (cw 23)