Uses Persuades a point of view orAn argument reasoning, facts, examples, and issue to the audience quotes
In an episode of “Everybody Loves Raymond,” Mariewrites a persuasive letter to the FBI interviewer whomis interviewing Robert (her son)… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cThuaPUD_Q&feature=PlayList&p=16B069ABF7F2 4A36&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=15 What is the issue that Marie is arguing to the FBI boss? What reasons/examples does she use in her letter to persuade the boss?
1. Pick your position- which side of the problem/issue are you on? • Phillies • Yankees • Blackberry • iphone
2. Analyze the audience in which you are writing yourpersuasive essay to. Audience: the student senate Use relatable language Audience is Topic Example:undecided, so Will your essay make them ESU has asked for your STAND OUT to believe your opinion on what type of food your audience? views! should be sold at the newly renovated union.. Audience: ESU President of ESU or Aramark: Use professional language
3. Use evidence to convince your audience: Statistics, facts, quotes, ect… * You argue to increase the number of healthy food choices that are sold in the Union:"Most incoming college Calorie Counter:students dont have mom topick out their foods for them • Chicken Ceasar Wrap: 590anymore or pack theirlunches, and so (the students) • Pepperoni Pizza (1 slice): 338start making unwise choices,"including in the campus • 12” Italian Hoagie : 1004cafeterias and grills, wherefast-food fare abounds” Dr. • Cheeseburger: 359Janet Colson, professor ofhuman sciences and aregistered dietitian.
4. Explain and refute the opposite view within your essay… CONAN O’BRIEN VS. JAY LENO If you were arguing to keep Conan’s spot on NBC, how would your refute Leno’s opposite view on the situation?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpJQLdRNrPE
5. Wrap up your final thoughts, and restate your opinions in the last paragraph on the essay Restate (in a creative way) Regain your audience’s the important points/main interest in your ideas idea in the essay Conclusion Most important part of Address your audience the essay: Spend time with a call of action or editing and planning your question conclusion carefully!!
• Emphasizes critical thinking and analysis skills• Preparation for Standardized Testing• Relativity: Writing to a newspaper on a local/national issue thatconcerns you • Or to sway a institution/company’s decision• Provides practice for college admissions/cover letter writing Have you ever wrote a persuasive letter?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cThuaPUD_Qhttp://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/51043.phphttp://caloriecount.about.com/http://i.ytimg.com/vi/8neJpsFmzQg/0.jpgwww.janaedwards.com (Persuasive Essay format Word doc.)http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Entertainment/images-5/conan-obrien-and-jay-leno.jpghttp://www.writeexpress.com/writing-a-conclusion-for-an-essay.htmlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpJQLdRNrPEhttp://www.derii.org/images/phillies1.jpghttp://www.bronxbabe.com/yankees.jpg