View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
Factors affecting Group Cohesion
OB Mini Project
Objectives and Hypothesis
• Objective:To analyze the various factors which
are influencing cohesion within a task groups .
▫ Higher goal oriented mindset leads to higher
▫ Demographic uniformity influences group
• Study conducted on 30 candidates working as
teams in different projects in BIM campus.
• Questionnaire were based on grading on a 5
point rating scale to measure cohesion and the
cause for it.
• The observations are analyzed for the
dependency of attributes on group cohesion.
• Statistical Methods Employed:
▫ Descriptive statistics: Weighted average score
• In BIM, overall cohesion was found to be
average among groups.
• Demographic uniformity played a major role on
group cohesion in a campus.
• Success rate and deadlines seems to be a driving
factors among the students to work in a group.
• But there was no relationship found between
group cohesion and success rate of the group
and also deadline of the task.
• Sheila Simsarian Webber,Lisa
M.Donahue(2001),Impact of highly and less job-
related diversity on work group cohesion and
performance: a meta analysis.
• David A.Harrison, Kenneth H.Price,Myrtlep P.Bell ,
Beyond relational demography:Time and the effects
of surface- and deep-level diversity on work group
• Michael D. Michalisin, Steven J. Karau
Leadership’s Activation of Team Cohesion as a
Strategic Asset: An Empirical Simulation