3. I’ll be (somewhat)PRAGMATICIf you’ll be (totally)OPEN-MINDED
4. Congratulations! You GotThe Appointment!
5. Preparing For Your Appointment• Gathering Data• Create CMA• Update Presentation• Understand the Client’s Needs•Previous Advertising Efforts• Market Conditions• Subdivision Amenities• Competing Listings
6. Methods Used To Find a Listing Agent Referred by Friend/Family 38% Used Agent Previously 23% 7% 1% 1% Agent Initiated Contact 5% 1% 2% 2% RELO 4% 3% 38% Saw Agent Listing 4% 4% Agent Referral 4% 4% Met at Open House 4% Website 3% 4% Ofﬁce Walk-in 3% 4% Called Ofﬁce 2% 5% Direct Mail 2% Newspaper 1% 23% Ad Speciality 1% Other 7% Source: NAR Proﬁle of Home Buyers and Sellers 2012
7. What Sellers Want From Their Agents Reach Timeframe - 22% 3%1% % 11 % 22% Market Home - 21% 5% Find Buyer - 19% 10% Price Competitively - 18% Fix Up Advice - 10% Negotiations - 5% Paperwork - 3% 18% 21% Help Seller Buy - 1% Post Videos - 1% Other - 1% 19% Source: NAR Proﬁle of Home Buyers and Sellers 2012
8. Considerations when Choosing An agent 5% 1% 3% 3% 4% 37% 4% 12% Reputation - 37% Honest/Trustworthy - 19% Referred - 13% Neighborhood Knowledge - 12% 13% Firm Afﬁliation - 4% 19% Personality/Good Listener - 4% Commission Charged - 3% Use of Technology - 3% Designations - 1% Other - 5% Source: NAR Proﬁle of Home Buyers and Sellers 2012
9. 2Step ApproachStep 1 • It’s All About Them • Walk The House • Copious Notes • Measurements • Basic Photos • General PresentationStep 2 • Review CMA • Answer Objections • Obtain Listing • Complete Photos • Mark Sign Placement
12. Putting The Seller At Ease • Understand Seller’s Needs • Unique Value Proposition • Demonstrate Understanding
13. Some Questions You May Want To Ask1. Tell me about your past experiences with real estate agents.2. What did you like most/least about what your last agent did?3. What made YOU fall in love with your home?4. How will we know if we have priced your home correctly?5. Do you have a network to sell the home yourself, such as an attorney, homeinspector, termite inspector, escrow officer?6. If you are considering selling your home yourself, have you considered securityissues about people being in your home?7. Tell me what you want our experience to look like?8. Tell me about the reasons behind you deciding to sell?9. How long have you been considering the sale of your home?10. Tell me about the conversations you have had with each other or familymembers about selling your home?
14. Some Questions You May Want To Ask11. Have you worked with an agent before? Tell me about that experience.12. What one thing could I do today to make my service perfect?13. Have you interviewed others? What was your impression?14. What do you think the biggest challenge will be getting it sold?15. How long are you willing to wait to find the right buyer?16. Are there others who will be assisting you with the decisions?17. What types of marketing do you think would work best? Why?18. Have you searched the internet and looked for other homes for sale? Which sitesdid you visit?19. If this process were any way you wanted,what would you like?20. Have you visited other homes for sale in your neighborhood? Tell me what youlearned by doing that?
15. Some Questions You May Want To Ask21. Do you have a sales price in mind for your home? Why?22. What are you most concerned about regarding the sale?23. What one thing is most important to you in your sale?24. If you had the opportunity to tell a buyer just one thing about your home, what wouldthat be?25. How often would you like to receive status reports? When you contact me, what doyou consider to be an acceptable response?26. Do you have an amount of money in mind that you would like to walk away from thistransaction with? Why is that number important to you? What would you do with thosefunds?27. If I meet all of your goals are you willing to hire me tonight?29. Where are you relocating to? Do you want some assistance?30. Do you know that I also help my clients as buyers while we are in the process of sellingtheir home?
16. Presentation• Less Than 90 minutes• Listen First; Speak Second• Deliver Marketing Plan• Show Marketing Examples
17. www.EliteScoop.com/PresentationList You can only feel comfortable with what YOU’VE created.
18. What’s Your Commission?
20. MRIS CMA ToolKit
21. Objections To Price Recommendations
22. Seller’sEstimated Cost Form
23. Now That You’ve Got The Listing...
24. Listing In MLSUnderstand The “Why” Of The Data
25. Search Stats 2012 MRIS MLS Item Searched Times Per Day Schools 100,203 Rooms 10,687 Amenities 13,083 Appliances 14,306 Transportation 18,850 Exterior Features 20,247 Community Rules 29,828 Square Footage / Living Area 38,052 Cooling Systems 38,052 Current Financing 46,326 Basement Type 49,488 Parking 55,241 Property Condition 64,298
26. Lifestyle Marketing
27. Property Descriptions This?Home has 4 bedrooms, 3 full baths, 2 car garage and overhalf an acre of land. Great house. Motivated Seller, bringall offers. Home is subject to Short Sale. ...or This?Imagine setting in your cozy sunroom on a warm springmorning, reading a book or laughing with family inLadysmith,VA. This amazing sunroom comes with 4bedrooms, 3 full baths & 2 car garage. Enjoy over half anacre while playing volleyball, enjoying a garden orhaving a family cookout. Seller also including the privatemaster with oversized closet, private bathroom, jacuzzi,cherry hardwoods, fireplace, granite counters & tallcabinets.
28. Listings to Sellers Let them know their market
29. Listing PhotosAsk The Seller For Their Photos
30. HDR Listing Photos (High Dynamic Range) 30
31. Show Me The LifeStyle
32. Experience is better than Possession
33. www.PicMonkey.com 33
34. Magic Plan
35. StagingSetting the Stage For Buyers 35
36. Virtual Staging
37. Listing Videos
39. OnLine and Offline Open Houses
41. Single Listing WebPages
42. Google.com/sites Easy, Free and Setup for Real Estate 43
43. Listing Promotion OffLine Distribution
44. The HomeBook and CD • Letter from Sellers • Listing Information • Utility Information • School Information • Floor Plans • Photos • Community Information • Video (CD) • POA Documents (CD)