South Bay Tech Academy Classroom Behavioral Rules and Expectations Miss Jade’s Class
- You can come early or stay after to get help or finish work.
- You Must Be in your seat by 7:55 OR YOU ARE LATE and will have detention!
- Once you get to school-sign in!
- Once on school premises you are not allowed to leave until dismissed by a teacher.
- Truancy officer will be called, one truancy=five days in J.H.
- Running late, YOU need to call (619) 470-5269 or 5258. You can leave a message
- You need to bring a Doctors Note if you are absent for more then 2 days in a week.
- Work While absent NEEDS to be MADE UP.
- You can come in and pick up class work.
- Bus passes are only given to students with good attendance, you must earn it!
- If you are absent for more then 5 days without calling, YOU WILL BE RELEASED from our program!
- YOU MUST BE WEARING YOUR UNIFORM AT ALL TIMES!!!
- If you don’t have your uniform = 1 hr of detention
- 1. You can wear your collar shirt
- SBTA Sweatshirt Replacement cost if lost or Damaged $50.00
- SBTA Polo Shirt Replacement cost if lost or Damaged $23.00
- 2. Or dress as if you are going to an interview
- You NEED TO TUCK IN SHIRT AND LOOK PROFESSIONAL
- The following are NOT allowed at any time:
- Pajamas or sweat suits- unless we are going to the gym
- Soiled or tattered clothing
- House slippers, Mini Skirts (above the knees)
- Offensive or suggestive t-shirts.
- Other apparel that could be constructed as gang related. No hats, Jerseys or gloves.
- NO SOLID COLORS; ALL RED, ALL BLUE, No Baby Blue at all.
- We will determine what’s appropriate
- All students will also be required to wear South Bay Tech Academy shirts at all times during class or class related activities.
Damage or Theft of Property
- Will not be tolerated at any level:
- Tag or in any way deface any desk, chair or other item belonging to the school
- Damage or destruction of school property or materials could result in:
- Fines, Criminal charges, program termination or a combination.
- We will supply ALL writing materials used during the school day (do not bring them from home)
- All personal writing materials (that you intend to keep) must be turned into instructors at the beginning of the day; furthermore, it is YOUR responsibility to recover them at the day’s end.
Appropriate Classroom Behavior
- Raise your hand to ask or answer a question
- Do NOT leave your seat without permission
- Simply raise your hand to check-in before you move
- Please keep your area (desk) clean . We will keep you after school to make sure it is.
- Leave your attitude at home.
- Chewing gum will result in trash duty i.e. cleaning break/lunch area
- Sleeping and disturbing others from learning will not be tolerated.
Do NOT conduct personal conversations during class
- While instructor is talking
- During instructional video
- Keep your business outside of School.
- Pay attention and you might learn something
- Don’t detract from someone else’s learning effort
Do NOT use PROFANE Language
- “ It’s normal” is NOT an excuse
- We are not going to remind you twenty times to watch your mouth
- Know where you are and who may be watching and listening to you
- It’s NOT appropriate or tolerated
Misc. Behavior NOT tolerated
- Suspicion of drug use and arriving to school “high” will lead to suspension. Do not test this policy.
- Possession of any type of drug (including alcohol and cigarettes), lighters, matches, papers, or any other drug related paraphernalia.
- When reasonable suspicion exists, students may be searched for contraband, drugs, cigarettes pagers and weapons.
- WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO SEARCH YOU AT ANY TIME!!
- Lying to the teacher; any form of defiant behavior.
- Physical or verbal confrontations will be dealt with seriously, severely, and immediately.
- Including horse playing , keep your hands to yourself at all times. You could and will suspended for this type of behavior.
- No Inappropriate Joking, Gestures, or ANY Physical Contact.
- Call to probation officer and/or parent
- Informal or formal suspension
- Paperwork to probation officer or parent teacher meeting
Work and Program Participation
- Work is NOT optional , you must complete and turn in work to receive credit for the day. You MUST participate in enrichment programs we offer.
- NO Cheating (copying or letting someone copy) on school work. You will be suspended
- ALL work is due on Fridays! It is your responsibility to turn your work in to receive credit.
- Work on school work only. No letter writing or drawing during class.
- You are here to make up school credits, enhance social skills, and develop thinking abilities.
- We provide school Programs that you HAVE to participate in.
- YMCA, Computer Class, Tutoring kids, feeding homeless, community clean up
- If you want to listen to music, bring in your own CDS and Headphones.
- Must be turned-OFF once you enter school premises
- May NOT be turned on for any reason during the school day
- You should NOT have them in your possession if you are on probation-unless we have prior written authorization form your probation officer
- Will be confiscated if you do not comply
- 1st time you will receive it at the end of the day.
- 2nd time your parent will have to pick it up
- 3rd time the principal will receive it.
- Computer are to be used strictly for school work activity
- Violent computer games will not be allowed
- Downloading of music or any other type of illegal downloading will result in your immediate termination (it is a federal offense)
- Accessing inappropriate websites or pictures will result in your suspension and a parent teacher conference. You can also be terminated from the program.
- Emailing, messaging or any type of internet communication will not be permitted during school hours 7:45-2:30
- Having illegal programs on you computer will also be grounds for termination from the program
- You are not allowed to print without permission from teacher.
- You are responsible for your work and what happens on your computer at all times.
Miss Jade’s Class Schedule Each quarter is 10 weeks 5 credits=80 hours
South Bay Tech Preparatory Academy
Parent Signature __________________ Student Signature __________________ Date _______________ Student Name ___________________ Parent Name __________________ Teacher Signature _________________________
- I have read and understand