Red Celery Experiment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br />Evan <br />
1. Question<br />What will happen to the celery if you put it in red water?????<br />
2. prediction<br />I think the celery will turn red on the outside because the red water will soak into the plant and leaves.<br />
3. Steps<br />1. Get three cups, three pieces of celery, and red food coloring.<br />2. Fill the cups half way with water.<br />3. Add a teaspoon of red color to the water.<br />4. Putthe celery in the water.<br />
4. What happened<br />The celery turned red on the inside of the tips. Then it turned red everywhere!!!!!!!! I tried to wipe the red off but it wouldn’t come off. I knew it was on the inside then.<br />
5. Results<br />The water traveled up the stem in the inside of the celery to the leaves. Plants in the ground have roots that the water travels up to get to the leaves. <br />
The End<br />Experiments are fun but you have to be patient. You have to go through five steps when you think like a scientist. Each step teaches you something. It makes me like science more and next time I want to do an experiment with parachutes and space.<br />
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.