1. -K to 12 means Kindergarten and the 12 years of
elementary and secondary education.
2. • Universal Kindergarten Education
• Making the Curriculum Relevant to Learners
(Contextualization and Enhancement)
• Ensuring Integrated and Seamless Learning
• Building Proficiency through Language
(Mother Tongue-Based Multilingual Education)
• Gearing Up for the Future (Senior High School)
• Nurturing the Holistically Developed Filipino
(College and Livelihood Readiness, 21st Century Skills)
3. Education for children in the early years lays the
foundation for lifelong learning and for the total
development of a child.
The early years of a human being, from 0 to 6 years, are
most critical period when the brain grows to at least 6070% of adult size.
4. Students acquire in-depth
knowledge, skills, values, and attitudes through
continuity and consistency across all levels and
Discussions on issues such as Disaster Risk
Reduction (DRR), Climate Change Adaptation, and
Information & Communication Technology (ICT)
included in the enhanced curriculum.
5. Aside from the Mother Tongue, English and Filipino are
taught as subjects starting Grade 1, with a focus on oral
From Grades 4 to 6, English and Filipino are gradually
introduced as languages of instruction.
6. As early as elementary, students gain knowledge in areas
such as Biology, Geometry, Earth Science, Chemistry, and
Algebra. This ensures mastery of knowledge and skills after
Senior High School is two years of specialized upper
secondary education; students may choose a specialization
based on aptitude, interests, and school capacity.
The choice of career track will define the content of the
subjects a student will take in Grades 11 and 12.
7. Literature, Communication, Mathematics, Philosophy,
Natural Science, and Social Sciences.
Current content from some General Education subjects
are embedded in the SHS curriculum.