PR guidebook to targeting bloggersPresentation Transcript
PR Guidebook to targeting bloggers
Type of bloggers DOMAIN/ INDUSTRY SPECIFIC BLOGGERS – like tech, auto, mobile, android, travel, culture, fashion, lifestyle etc PERSONAL BLOGERS or INDUSTRY/ CATEGORY SPECIFIC BLOGERS INDIVIDUAL BLOGS or COLLABORATIVE BLOGS TEXT/ PHOTO/ VIDEO BLOGS
Most Journalists are opening their own blogs
8 COMMANDMENTS while pitching to bloggers
1. Comment First Pitch Later
2. Preferably, first talk to them over the phone* *Especially true for nascent bloggers – as they would not have dealt with PR professionals as much to understand what is wanted, how to go about it and how they can help.
Get their details right 3.
4. Show you know who they are
5. Don’t stalk; but be persistent
6. Send regular doses of information
Press releases 7. “NO, I’d much rather be pitched a story idea that is tailored to my blog” Do you send them to bloggers or no? “YES, its nice to receive updates” *It’s good to know their personal preferences as there are 2 sides of the coin.
8. Bloggers actively promote their stories on Facebook and Twitter –track their tweets/ shares/ comments