1. THE HIGH SCHOOL OF WORLD CULTURES Who are we? What do we do? What are our goals? By: Ms. A. Rod
2. Who are we? <ul><li>World Cultures is a special school. The students come from around the world. </li></ul><ul><li>In one class there can be as many as 5 different home languages spoken! </li></ul>Ms. Gardner
3. We are just like other high schools.. <ul><li>We have pizza parties! </li></ul>
4. We watch movies!
5. We play sports!
6. Students join clubs!
8. We share the food from our cultures .
10. We teach each other new things. Henna Paste For Mendhi
11. Templates for henna
12. Teachers even get Mendhi
14. We do community service.
15. FOOD and CLOTHING DRIVE
16. We celebrate our academic achievements! End of Semester Award Ceremony
17. We have a Science Fair!
19. Students create great projects.
20. We show creativity.
21. We give peer feedback.
22. We work together.
23. We cooperate.
26. We work hard.
29. We watch plays at school!
31. We work with actors.
36. We are strong, deep thinkers.
37. We have had a long journey here.
38. We cross raging rivers.
39. We face scary monsters .
40. We battle dragons!
41. We battle harpies!
42. We predict the future!
43. We are heroes!
44. We dance at the Capulet ball.
45. We act out Shakespeare.
46. We play musical instruments!
47. Washington D.C. We take big trips!
48. We take theatre trips!
49. We go to Broadway Plays and Eat at Restaurants!
50. The Miracle Worker
51. We visit college campuses. Columbia University
52. We climb high on field day!
53. And then eat pizza.
54. Borough of Manhattan Community College
55. We visit museums!
56. We visit libraries.
57. We do research.
58. We ride the subway!
59. We sing songs!
60. Ms. Wynn <ul><li>What are the Expectations at World Cultures? </li></ul>
61. Attendance <ul><li>91% minimum attendance requirement for every student. </li></ul><ul><li>Be on time : 15 minutes before your 1 st period </li></ul>
62. Courtesy <ul><li>Come prepared to learn. </li></ul><ul><li>Bring your binder and school supplies. </li></ul><ul><li>Participate in class. </li></ul><ul><li>Be clean, and neat. Throw out your garbage. </li></ul><ul><li>Return all school property. </li></ul>
63. Uniforms Ms. Ashley
64. Notebook System Ms. Luke
65. Binder System <ul><li>Dividers for each of your classes and one for homework. </li></ul><ul><li>Cornell Notes paper to get you started </li></ul><ul><li>Pencil case with supplies. </li></ul><ul><li>Use the binder and divider system </li></ul><ul><li>Keep sections separate </li></ul><ul><li>Keep supplies at hand. </li></ul>
66. Mr. Perez <ul><li>Grading Policy HOMEWORK IS WORTH 10% of your grade. </li></ul>
67. Projects are worth 30% of your grade
68. Participation is worth 30% of your grade.
69. Quizzes and Exams are worth 30% of your grade.