Listing and Marketing Consultation Presented by Kevin W. Hanley, P.A. and Jennifer Hanley, REALTORS® Keller Williams Realty Atlantic Partners 4116 S 3 rd St Jacksonville Beach, Florida 32250 904-422-7626 Kevin 904-477-5278 Jennifer 1-866-514-5157 Toll Free Fax www.HanleyHomeTeam.com
Key Objectives Our Mission Statement Win-Win — or no deal Integrity — do the right thing Commitment — in all things Communication — seek first to understand Creativity — ideas before results Customers — always come first Teamwork — together everyone achieves more Trust — starts with honesty Success — results through people Pricing — your home at the property’s fair market value. Timing — in the desired time period. Convenience — selling your home with the least amount of inconvenience.
Agency Relationship “Who Does Your Agent Work For?”
Single Agent (Fiduciary)
Advises and Consults
Educates and Guides
Involved in Decision Process
Uses Judgment and Experience
Tells and Sells
Stays out of Process
Follows the Rules and Procedures
About KELLER WILLIAMS ® Realty Gary Keller Chairman Of The Board
Founded in Austin, Texas, on October 18, 1983.
KELLER WILLIAMS ® Realty laid the foundation for agents to become real estate business people.
Gary Keller was chosen by Realtors across the U.S. as one of five of the “Most Admired” REALTORS® in the nation.
“ Most Innovative Real Estate Company” — Inman News.
72,794 + real estate consultants.
693 + offices in the U.S. and Canada.
3rd largest real estate company in North America (just passed Re/Max in 2009)
1. Communication. How important is regular communication with your real estate professional? What information is important to you? How often do you want to be contacted and what is your preferred way of staying in touch? 2. Motivation. Why are you considering selling your property at this time? How far along are you in the homeselling process (just exploring the possibility of selling, or definitely committed to putting your property on the market)? 3. Time frame. Is there a certain date by which the sale of this property needs to close? How flexible are you on this time frame? 4. Relocation assistance. Will you need information or assistance in moving to a new area? 5. Homeselling decisions. Are there any other individuals who will be involved in your property sale decision? May I please have permission to speak with them? 6. Price. Do you have specific expectations as to the selling price of your property? If so, what do you base this figure on? Do you anticipate a certain amount of net proceeds from this sale? 7. Marketing Plan. Are there specific activities you expect to see included in the marketing of your property? 8. Previous homeselling experience. Have you ever sold a house before? If so, how many and how recently? 9. Positive experiences. What were the most positive features of your previous homeselling experiences? If you have never sold a house before, what would help to make this a positive experience? 10. Concerns. Were there any unsatisfactory features of your previous homeselling experiences that you hope to avoid this time? If you are selling your first house, are there any problems or concerns you are worried about? 11. Expectations. What are your expectations of me as your real estate professional? What specific services and support do you look forward to receiving from me? The following topics will help us understand what is most important to you in the sale of your property .
Each property has special features that may interest buyers. Please tell me about your house.
What do you feel are the most appealing features of this property?
2. What features does this property have that differentiate it from other similar properties?
3. What changes or enhancements would you suggest to make your property as salable as possible?
4. What do you regard as the most attractive features of the surrounding neighborhood ?
5. Do you have any special terms or conditions regarding the sale of your property I should be aware of (e.g., items of personal property to be excluded, etc.)?
6. Are you aware of any problems or concerns regarding the property or the neighborhood that will need to be disclosed to prospective buyers?
Provide information fliers; just listed direct mail; and uploaded listing to 40+ major websites
Hold Broker/Public Open Houses.
Give Feedback on showings.
Guidance in staging your property
Negotiate the agreement
Explain the offer to you and answer your questions.
Help you determine the best course of action by pointing out potential advantages and disadvantages of the offer and clarifying the choices available to you.
Prepare an Estimate of Net Proceeds based on the proposed price and terms to help you make an informed decision.
Negotiate through the buyer's agent, and handle possible counteroffers, to reach a final agreement that is favorable to you.
Complete the transaction
Explain to you in detail the steps that will lead to a successful closing
Work with the buyer's broker, mortgage professional, title officer and others to help coordinate their activities and keep the transaction moving forward.
Monitor progress of inspections, the buyer's loan and other contingencies as called for in the purchase contract. Resolve questions or problems that might arise, in order to ensure a timely closing.
Communicate with you on a regular basis so that you can stay informed and as worry-free as possible.
Follow up after the sale closes
Confirm that all of your real estate-related needs have been met, and provide information on service providers you may require.
Offer relocation assistance, if moving to a new area.
Agent Our Respective Duties
Submit request for office caravan for following Tuesday (if applicable) Schedule photographer/ videographer Send “Just Listed” ecards to agents (especially those who’ve sold in neighborhood in past) Mail “Just Listed” Postcards Schedule first open house (and add to e-card/postcard) Create professional flyer and add flyers to flyer box on yard sign Install Lockbox (get extra key) Try to schedule open house in connection with community garage sale Replace preliminary photos with professional photos in MLS and all 40+ real estate websites Put in Yard Sign Open House 1-3pm Walk open house invitation door-to-door inviting neighbors Promote listing at office meeting/ caravan (if applicable) Upload video to MLS and all 40+ real estate websites Meet with photographer/ videographer Create marketing verbiage and add listing and preliminary photos into MLS First Month (Sunday) First Month (Saturday) First Tuesday Day 3 Day 2 Day 1
KW.com Yahoo.com/realestate HanleyHomeTeam.com Realtor.com Trulia.com Zillow.com WallStreetJournal.com Jacksonville.com ListingBook.com Multiple Listing Service RealEstateBook.com HomesAndLand.com MSN.com Google.com AOL.com Comcast.net LivingChoices.com UniqueGlobalestates.com LuxuryHomes.com FL.Living.net NEFAR.com HomeGain.com NetZero.com Homes.com LuxuryLiving.com Lycos.com BobVilla.com HGTV.com Moving.com Excite.com Earthlink.net Homeseekers.com DailyHerald.com ChicagoSunTimes.com FBNewsLeader.com Altavista.com NewHomeSource.com/jacksonville SoutheasternEscapes.com CoastalLiving.com Waters-Edge.com FineHomes.com MyJaxChamber.com JaxNewMedia.com StAugustine.com ExpandInJax.com 1stCoastRealEstate.com 85% of buyers go to the internet before they meet with a real estate sales professional, second only to the yard sign. Where do you find Keller Williams Realty Listings on the internet?
WWW.KW.COM was developed in 1995, making KELLER WILLIAMS ® one of the first real estate franchises to establish a presence on the World Wide Web.
HanleyHomeTeam.com We offer Featured Listings on Realtor.com plus weekly traffic reports from Realtor.com, Trulia, and Listingbook.com
Ecards emailed to over 1400 area real estate agents.
Pricing Misconceptions It is very important to price your property at competitive market value at the signing of the listing agreement. Historically, your first offer is usually your best offer. Buyers & Sellers Determine Value The value of your property is determined by what a BUYER is willing to pay and a SELLER is willing to accept in today’s market. Buyers make their pricing decision based on comparing your property to other property SOLD in your area. WHAT YOU PAID WHAT ANOTHER AGENT SAYS WHAT YOU NEED WHAT YOU WANT COST TO REBUILD TODAY WHAT YOUR NEIGHBOR SAYS
Timing is extremely important in the real estate market.
A property attracts the most activity from the real estate community and potential buyers when it is first listed.
It has the greatest opportunity to sell when it is new on the market.
WEEKS ON MARKET A C T I V I T Y 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Pricing Factors As the triangle graph illustrates, more buyers purchase their properties at market value than above market value. If you price your property at market value, you are exposing it to a much greater percentage of prospective buyers and you are increasing your opportunity for a sale. +15% +10% Market Value -10% -15% 10% 30% 60% 75% 90% PERCENTAGE OF BUYERS ASKING PRICE IMPORTANCE OF INTELLIGENT PRICING
Focusing On Results The proper balance of these factors will expedite your sale. LOCATION COMPETITION TIMING CONDITION TERMS PRICE SOLD
We strive to make your real estate experience effortless, organized, and enjoyable! Our professional background includes owning two successful marketing companies and managing over 2,100 nationwide events drawing almost 4,000,000 people. With over 15 years of successful sales, business, and marketing experience we know how to get homes sold!
• Business Owner - Tradeshow Direction, Marketing, and Sales
• Director of National Operations - MarketPro Shows, Inc.
• Business Owner - Political Fundraising and Special Events
• Marketing Manager, Canadian Division - America Online, Inc.
Awards & Designations:
National Association of Realtors
Florida Association of Realtors
Northeast Florida Association of Realtors
Prudential's Top of the Rock Sales Award (July 2007)
Prudential's Top of the Rock Sales Award (October 2007)
Prudential's Top of the Rock Transactions Award (October 2007)
ROOKIE OF THE YEAR and a Top Producer – 2007
Prudential Relocation – Certifications in Marketing Assistance
and Destination Services
B.A., Texas State University
B.S., Purdue University, Krannert School of Management
People are talking about the Hanley Home Team...
"SUCH AN INCREDIBLE MARKETING PROGRAM THAT OUR HOME SOLD IN 2 WEEKS. THANKS A MILLION!"
- Mr. and Mrs. Doss, Jacksonville
"OUTSTANDING COMMUNICATION AND FOLLOW-UP!"
- Mr. and Mrs. Jurgens, Atlantic Beach
"THE BEST AGENT I HAVE EVER MET...TOTALLY EASED OUR FEARS ABOUT USING AN AGENT AFTER A BAD EXPERIENCE IN THE PAST...TREATED US LIKE FAMILY AND ALWAYS HAD OUR BEST INTEREST AT HEART."
- Mr. and Mrs. Comeaux, Orange Park
"WE HAD OUR HOME ON THE MARKET FOR 10 MONTHS BEFORE WE DECIDED TO SWITCH REALTORS. FROM THAT MOMENT, JENNIFER HIT THE GROUND RUNNING. SHE EXCEEDED ALL OUR EXPECTATIONS AND MOVED VERY QUICKLY IN DOING SO...WE WILL RECOMMEND JENNIFER...TO ANYONE AND EVERYONE WE CAN."
- Mr. and Mrs. Jaindl, Ft. Caroline
"...VERY STRAIGHT FORWARD AND HONEST...THERE FOR THE CUSTOMER NOT JUST THE SALE."
- Mr. and Mrs. Brooks, Ft. Caroline
"...PICKED [UP THE LISTING] AND FOUND A BUYER WITHIN 30 DAYS!"
- Ms. Steiner, Triangle, VA
"WE COULD NOT HAVE PICKED A MORE PROFESSIONAL AND KNOWLEDGEABLE AGENT."
- Mr. and Mrs. Stoffregen, Southside
"...TRULY HELPFUL, COURTEOUS, AND KIND. WE DO APPRECIATE IT DEARLY."
- Mr. and Mrs. Gualitieri, Orange Park
"KEVIN AND JENNIFER KEPT US VERY INFORMED AND WERE NICE TO WORK WITH!"